PDA

View Full Version : ClassicAmiga Challenge!

burns flipper
9th December 2007, 07:27
I have a challenge for you to take on. Feel free to work together or competitively.

I uploaded Relics of Deldroneye 2 to the Aminet last year or so (link) (http://aminet.net/package.php?package=game/role/relics2.lzh), and someone's e-mailed me recently saying they couldn't get it to load. I remember trying before I uploaded but nothing much seemed to happen but I didn't really investigate.

I got the disks off planetemu - and it turns out that there's a few versions of disk 1 on there, and one of them has extra files on that my release didn't.

So, the challenge is to download the adf's from the aminet, then see if you can get it working through WinUAE (maybe using one of the other versions of the disks from planetemu), then to report back so I can get it fixed on aminet. The guy posted me his SnoopDOS log but it didn't really show much - no missing files or whatever. Might be to do with how you set WinUAE up, I think there's a readme on one of the adf's saying what config machine you need (for a real Amiga).

The first person/team to get it working, with instructions & config so I can verify, will be immortalised in the readme when I re-upload to Aminet.

Take the Challenge!

Harrison
10th December 2007, 16:51
I hope someone has time to do this.

burns flipper
24th February 2008, 09:52
On second thoughts, does anyone have the F1 Licenceware CD? It'll be on that and I can just upload it straight from there.