PDA

View Full Version : Amiga sighted on Fox TV show

v85rawdeal
8th December 2007, 19:34
Apparently, in one of the recent episodes of Bones in the US, they uncover a 1980's time capsule from 1987 and it is found to contain skeletal remains. One of the items they determine is from the victim and not the capsule is a 5.25" floppy diskette. Remember those? But then, halfway through the episode, they bring out an Amiga 1200 to run the disk on! And then they show a close up of one of the actor's hands sliding the disk into.. an IBM XT!

What level of ignorance and lack of respect those producers must have for classic computing... Apparently they correctly identified a Brainy Smurf figurine for the show, but couldn't even get the right sized floppy disk for a computer they actually mention by name?!?

What other Amiga sightings have people seen recently?

Buleste
8th December 2007, 20:31
Are you sure it was a 1200 not a 500 as 1200 weren't around until 1992 i think. Having said that this is Fox, the people who axe Firefly yet continue to make reality shows.

v85rawdeal
8th December 2007, 20:37
Screen shot included below...

http://www.sopdu.net/pics/bones_1.jpg

Buleste
8th December 2007, 20:55
Definitly a 1200 case albeit black. Not sure about the Workbench or should i say Wbench version. Then we go onto what's haoppening with the monitors. Don't know whats going on in the background of the LCD but how did they get Workbench to run on a standard CRT monitor especially if they didn't have an Amiga to VGA adapter thenit's a case of finding the right screenmode. And thats if we ignore the 5.25" disk and the chunk of excrement that the Ami is sitting on.

Right i'm going to boycott all Fox shows from now on.... Apart from the Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad and a few others..... O.K. i'm going to boycott 24, Bones, all the reality crap and anything else i don't like.

Stephen Coates
9th December 2007, 10:40
I have seen some Amigas, probably either a 500 or a 1200, and a 2000, as well as an Atari ST on some videos about Health & Safety, from Navigator Productions, but they were all made in the 1980s and early 1990s, so that isn't surprising.

Buleste
9th December 2007, 11:05
All in know is that after watching "Wierd Science" my C64 never seemed quite so good.

Submeg
10th December 2007, 11:08
LOL oh yea :cool:

StuKeith
10th December 2007, 15:35
is it just me, or dose that look all CGI'd to you?

Harrison
10th December 2007, 15:35
As is common on TV and film, they use old computer hardware to make something that never actually existed, and then show a made up CGI OS running on them.

But... if they actually said it was a disk from an Amiga... and as is clearly shown in that screenshot, are actually running Workbench, then I personally think they have disrespected the name of our idol, the Amiga, and we should campaign immediately for the public execution of the researchers, prop guys, script writers, director and anyone else concerned! Who else agrees? I want justice!!!

:rant::rant::rant::badlanguage::badlanguage::badlanguage::rant::rant::rant:

Who's with me?

Tiago
10th December 2007, 16:13
episodes of Bones in the US ?

What is that? Is this tv show, a good tv show, serious tv?

Harrison
10th December 2007, 16:17
It's another US forensics show. Think CSI and you have a good idea what it is like. It's also shown in the UK on Sky. It stars some woman who is annoying, and the guy who played Angel in the Buffy spin off. The two main characters have no chemistry and never seem to have a good script and the show is quite boring most of the time. Well the episodes I've endured were that way anyhow.

v85rawdeal
19th December 2007, 09:36
I beleive that Sky One are showing the episode tomorrow night @ 9pm for those who want to find another reason to pick huge holes in American TV

StuKeith
19th December 2007, 23:05
Its on thursday night!