PDA

View Full Version : CA News Classicamiga featured in Hype!

Harrison
8th December 2007, 03:09
http://www.classicamiga.com/images/stories/news/Hype/hype-logo.jpg

I'm very happy to announce that classicamiga.com had a featured mention in the November 2007 issue of the Portuguese Retro Gaming magazine, Hype!

A big thank you goes to Tiago for this. He contacted the magazine directly to tell them about classicamiga and due to this they then ran an Amiga article featuring classicamiga in a bold box on the page. Great work Tiago! :thumbs:

You can view the full article and the classicamiga mention on the main site in the news section here. (http://www.classicamiga.com/content/view/4478/64/) Tiago has also been kind enough to provide a translated version of the text for those of us not fluent in Portuguese. :)

"The flame of Amiga is still alive thankfully to online websites and clubs. Of of these most active communities is Classicamiga promoted in Portugal by the reader Tiago Dias. beyond the forum, people can find tips/suggestions about emulation of games in PC, The installation of memories and hard drives and even tips about shopping of 2nd hand items on internet. Analyses to classic titles and other less known complete the offer. www.classicamiga.com (http://www.classicamiga.com/)"

Teho
8th December 2007, 04:22
Now that is cool! Well done! :thumbs:

Submeg
8th December 2007, 05:03
wow that is really cool! repsect to Tiago!

Puni/Void
8th December 2007, 07:42
That's excellent news! Thanks Tiago for promoting the site! I became very happy when I saw this. :thumbs:

Ghost
8th December 2007, 08:08
So now we are going to be overrun by people from Portugal?

Stephen Coates
8th December 2007, 11:30
Sounds good.

I laughed at 'The installation of memories and hard drives'. At first the memories bit sounds like, memories of using Amigas, rather than things like flash memory.

toomanymikes
8th December 2007, 11:42
kudos to tiago!

AlexJ
8th December 2007, 12:11
Very cool. A thought, not sure how possible it is to implement - could we have multiple languages on Classicamiga? Not for everything, the news, reviews, guides etc. would still mostly be in English but perhaps the fields could be on the games & demo pages for example. So where possible it would show in the user's local language and if not it would be in English?

Harrison
8th December 2007, 13:12
It is fully possible to implement multi language support, but it requires making a language template file for each language supported, which will be a lot of work and a lot of time to implement.

This is something we could look into later once more of the site sections are complete and working. For the moment I want to instead concentrate on the actual site content.

Buleste
8th December 2007, 14:07
Tiago for Promoter of the month.

v85rawdeal
8th December 2007, 14:42
Now THAT is the kind of advertising that can go a long way (all the way to Portugal, in fact).

Hats off, and much plaudits, to Tiago

Sharingan
8th December 2007, 17:19
Nice nice!

Kudos to Tiago for the effort.

Tiago
9th December 2007, 13:07
Thanks !

I need some time now, but i will try to see what i can do in Brazil, i will try to contact some local maganizes.

Cheers !

J T
9th December 2007, 18:28
Good work soldier :oldtimer:

Demon Cleaner
10th December 2007, 06:40
:thumbs: Nicely done Tiago.

If you want to translate something, I'm perfect in german and french, better than in english :dry:

Submeg
10th December 2007, 10:24
Cool, and I got Japanese sorted!

Harrison
10th December 2007, 12:43
Surprisingly we do actually get some visitors to the main site logged as being from Japan. Not sure if they are real people or search bots though. Or ex-Europeans living over there maybe.

FOL
10th December 2007, 19:45
Very nice indeed, good work guys (and gals), :)