PDA

View Full Version : oSuK Amiga File Archive- now ONLiNE!

DaZZaBoY
7th December 2007, 20:37
Calling all retro fans!

The oSuK Amiga File Archive is now OPEN!! and enabled for public access!

The archive is still fully 'work in progress' but there's now enough online to get your teeth into.

What is it?
-----------
Well, it's a collection of oldskool Amiga based, PD titles covering rare UK scene stuffz, numerous classic euroscene titles and various other conversions from DD floppy to ADF from private disk collys.

There are currently over 1400 files online (full disk images + exes) and are either in adf/dms/exe/lha format and emulation ready.

What's online?
--------------
* Various custom-made diskmag packs
* FULL Assassins games packs
* FULL Majic Mushroom Collections: Majic Collys (1-637), Honey Packs (1-28), Majic Packs (8-112)
* Carnage - Kei Packs (1-28), Kei Collection (1-14) + other CRN stuff,
* Healthy supply of UK scene productions in group order & selected Euroscene prodz.
* Mixed PD games
* Amiga Doc Disks, util, prOn disks (fnarr!)

+ MUCH, MUCH more!

Your Input
----------
We'd obviously like to expand the database as much as possible, so if you have any rare UK based scene prods (any group) or have additional titles to the groups we have online already. Please get in touch and we'll gladly add your stuff to the database and give relevant creds.

Where can I find it?
-------------------

Here ->> http://z10.invisionfree.com/Old_Skool_UK/index.php?showforum=66

Let's keep the vibe alive.

Cheers.

Harrison
8th December 2007, 03:01
Very nice collection of files you have on there DaZZaBoY.

When I get time I will check through my collection and see if there is anything useful I can let you have for the archive.

Puni/Void
8th December 2007, 07:49
That's a fine collection. I noticed that there are some files that I don't have in my collection. Especially those from Maniacs and Tesko. Will be downloading them today. :)

As for UK releases, I might have something from Strobe and Void that is missing in the archive. Strobe released a pack called Dreams back in the days. Also, do you need stuff from Eltech, Area 51 and Vortex as well? I'll see if I can dig up a list over various stuff in the near future.

Harrison
8th December 2007, 11:39
I asked a while back, but thought I should ask again. Would you be OK with classicamiga hosting some of those files for download on our site? We like to try and include downloads with most entries in our demo and games pages, and soon the new hardware and software sections (launching this coming week), so are always on the lookout for anything we are missing.

I would add a mention for you in our credits page because of the hard work you have obviously put into creating the collection and putting it online.

DaZZaBoY
8th December 2007, 12:21
As for UK releases, I might have something from Strobe and Void that is missing in the archive. Strobe released a pack called Dreams back in the days. Also, do you need stuff from Eltech, Area 51 and Vortex as well? I'll see if I can dig up a list over various stuff in the near future.

Hey PG,

A list of your UK stuff would be great!

I have a healthy supply of Eltech prods due to be put online but they need sorting/compiling first. As for the A51 prods, I'm actually a member of the A51 mailling list and was promised a few items from one of the members but alas I'm still waiting?

Look fwd to your list m8. ;)

@Harrison:

Yeah, feel free to host what ever files you like. As I think you suggested a while ago, a link between our sites could be a good move.

Welcome to the oSuK forum btw. ;)

burns flipper
9th December 2007, 19:12
Nice collection. You have the Deadlock mag pack too - my favourite!

DaZZaBoY
11th December 2007, 18:40
Thanks for the submissions so far, PG. :notworthy:

Puni/Void
11th December 2007, 18:47
No problem. Glad to be of help. :thumbs:

DaZZaBoY
24th December 2007, 22:05
Hi all,

Just a small announcement to tell you about our little xmastro release.....

CLiCK mE! (http://z10.invisionfree.com/Old_Skool_UK/index.php?showtopic=1284&st=0&#last) - (PC.exe format I'm afraid) ;)

Merry xmas & happy new year from all at the oSuK forums!

Harrison
25th December 2007, 20:25
Nice last minute intro. :)

Also great to see classicamiga mentioned :thumbs: (BTW, is one word ;)).

We were hoping to get a classicamiga xmas demo out for this year, but sadly everyone was too busy to work on one. Hopefully we will have more luck (and a whle year) to work on one for next Christmas instead.

Puni/Void
26th December 2007, 09:53
Looking forward to see the new prod, DaZZaBoY! Will watch it as soon as I get back home. :)

As for the Classicamiga X-Mas demo, I'm sure we'll be able to release it next year. We have all been pretty busy lately, so it hasn't been much time for drawing, tracking and coding.

Also, there might be a small cosy intro in the pipeline for an upcoming party.... ;) I'm not saying anything more than this. :shades: