PDA

View Full Version : Arcade broken?

Submeg
3rd December 2007, 10:00
Ive gotten a couple highscores lately and when I go to click submit, it takes me back to the forum home? :huh2:

Harrison
3rd December 2007, 10:14
Umm... not sure. I have to confess I haven't tested it since I upgraded the board to the latest version. I've also recently updated the arcade software too, so a template or piece of code that makes the score submit work might have gone missing. I will take a look as soon as I get chance.

Harrison
3rd December 2007, 10:29
UPDATE! I just checked and I had missed the code from one of the forum files required to allow the scores to be saved. It should now be fixed and working again.

Let me know if it is working as I can't really test it myself as someone seems to have filled most of the games up with unattainable scores. I wonder who that could be? :hmmm: ;) :lol:

Buleste
3rd December 2007, 10:43
Can you introduce a bug so that Submeg can't save any highscores? ;) He's got too much time on his hands when he should be studying.

Harrison
3rd December 2007, 10:46
Well I did, but he noticed! :lol:

Buleste
3rd December 2007, 10:52
Damn;)

Harrison
3rd December 2007, 10:54
Had to update the code again as the arcade code I introduced then broke the forum root page and returned a php error. Adding some singe quotes around parts of the code fixed it... I hope!

Buleste
3rd December 2007, 11:00
I was just about to say something about getting rid of one bug by introducing more (Have you thought of working for M$) but you fixed it before i could complain.

Submeg
3rd December 2007, 11:14
Hehe, sorry Im not that daft! ;)

Buleste
3rd December 2007, 11:21
Hehe, sorry Im not that daft! ;)

Shall we start a poll? Let the people decide?;)

Submeg
3rd December 2007, 12:21
Yes please do! I would love to know the results!!

Still busted....http://forum.classicamiga.com/index.php?act=Arcade&do=newscore sends you to http://forum.classicamiga.com/

Harrison
3rd December 2007, 12:58
How annoying. I will have to investigate some more and try to work out what is up.

Harrison
3rd December 2007, 13:10
OK. It is now fixed. (definitely this time). I just played a game I had no hiscore for and it posted the score properly.

The arcade was calling the wrong php script to submit the scores. That is now sorted.

Buleste
3rd December 2007, 13:51
IS it just me or are we suffering the occasional snow flurry on the home page??

Harrison
3rd December 2007, 16:54
Yep, by Christmas we could be snowed in! ;)

AlexJ
3rd December 2007, 23:34
When's the Xmas banner going up?

Harrison
4th December 2007, 11:47
This week. I'm currently making a new one. :)

Actually, I will start a new thread about it.