PDA

View Full Version : Post here every time you buy a amiga game.

slicer1000
2nd December 2007, 13:32
Hi Guys

Most other site's have a topic like this so why not classic amiga.

Any way yesterday I bought a couple of games.

Epic
Chrismas Lemmings
Pinball Dreams
Escape from the planet of robot monsters
Turrican 2
Sleepwalker AGA version Hit squad release (The intro's have been removed!)
F-29 Retaliator
Wing Commander
Super Stardust
Total Carnage
Cadver & payoff (had to put this though the disk doctor 3 times to work)

The following two did not work

Heroquest
Wrestlemania

On a side note I also have broadband finally! So I should be able to upload some scans faster.:D

Submeg
2nd December 2007, 18:50
Oh the joys of broadband....trust me, you will never look back :cry:

Ghost
2nd December 2007, 20:50
Hello slicer1000,

Are all these games you bought the boxed versions?
And where did you buy them?

Well I almost had purchased Uridium 2 but I missed the end of the auction, also to be honest I wasn't sure about buying it as I have to cut back on expences.

Harrison
2nd December 2007, 23:30
That's a nice load of games you managed to get.

And great that you finally got broadband. Once you have it you quickly start to wonder how you ever managed before!

Submeg
3rd December 2007, 09:31
And great that you finally got broadband. Once you have it you quickly start to wonder how you ever managed before!

Here Here! :notworthy:

slicer1000
4th December 2007, 18:37
Hi

Yes they are all boxed games some in very good condition other ok.
There is a shop in norwich which I go to which sell lots of second hand videogames and starwars toys.

A couple of week back I asked him to get me a amiga and some games off ebays.
Since then a number of people have been selling him their collections.

In the last couple of weeks I must have got about 100 games including

Banshee
Lotus 1,2,3
Road Rash
swos
eye of the beholder
Uridium 2
project x (big box release)
froniter

and many others

Harrison
5th December 2007, 14:53
Very nice. Will you be able to scan some of the boxes and manuals for the site? ;)

There is a shop in norwich which I go to which sell lots of second hand videogames and starwars toys.

Star Wars! Does the shop have a website? There is still some Star Wars items I'm looking for to add to my collection.

BTW, I'm going to be creating a mini site soon showcasing my Star Wars collection if any of you are interested. I've got a lot of items in the collection but most are stored away in the loft due to a lack of space. I therefore thought it would be nice to make a website, with photos of all the items. That way at least I will be displaying them in some way. :lol:

Ghost
5th December 2007, 20:07
Dammit, now yet another person has Uridium 2, diminishing the number of available copies to one less.

Buleste
6th December 2007, 15:10
Star Wars! Does the shop have a website? There is still some Star Wars items I'm looking for to add to my collection.

Just found something you hopefully don't have Darth Vader suit (http://www.firebox.com/product/1853?src_t=cat&src_id=boystoys)

Tiago
6th December 2007, 15:43

Just found something you hopefully don't have Darth Vader suit (http://www.firebox.com/product/1853?src_t=cat&src_id=boystoys)

How cool :blink: !!

looks realistic... but harrison you would need also a voice syntetizer... what is darth vader without that voice?

Harrison
6th December 2007, 16:21
I think one is included and built into the helmet. At least it has been in the costumes I've seen in the past.

I don't own any full sized costumes myself, but someone I know that has made some fan Star Wars movies owns a few including Vader and Storm Trooper suits.

If I were to buy any I would want to get a Boba Fett and Storm Trooper outfit. But these all cost around £600 each, so not cheap.

Firebox is a cool site. I've been receiving their catalogues for some time now and they always have a lot of great content.

Buleste
7th December 2007, 12:13
If you can afford to spend that much on a costume i think you could afford to hire James Earl Jones for the night. That would be cool.

slicer1000
9th December 2007, 20:24
Ok back to Topic!

Over the last few days I have got a few amiga games.

From EBay

Troddlers
Eye of the beholder 2 (kiss xl release)

from shops

speedball 2 (kiss release) works on a1200
Helmdall 2 a500 version
Big Run
soccer kid
super skidmarks
skidmarks
arcade pool
k240

Ghost
10th December 2007, 01:50
Have you already played any of these games?

Harrison
10th December 2007, 14:08
Some very nice games there Slicer. What condition are they in? And are they complete with manuals etc...?

slicer1000
12th December 2007, 18:10
I only buy complete games unless they are very rare. I have also played them all in most case I am getting games I wanted when I was younger but could not afford,

slicer1000
23rd December 2007, 14:14
Got Chaos Engine 2 the other week.

All nice and boxed!

Harrison
25th December 2007, 17:51
Nice. I loved the Chaos Engine games. Great atmosphere with the music, and the voices. I still liked the original more than the sequel though.

I also got hold of the mobile phone port of the first game recently and it is a very faithful copy. The graphics look identical and the gameplay is pretty much the same. Obviously not as nice to control using a mobile phone, but still playable.

v85rawdeal
25th December 2007, 20:40
Just won an auction on eBay for a boxed copy of Frontier, to replace waterlogged copy. Will update when it arrives! Cost me 89p + postage! Total cost £3.39.

So quite pleased with that!

Harrison
25th December 2007, 22:50
Nice find. Does it come with the map?

v85rawdeal
25th December 2007, 22:56
The pic certainly looks like it comes with everything, including registration card and t-shirt order form. Although if it doesnt come with the map, I still have the map from my other copy of the game.

Buleste
25th December 2007, 23:05
I'd forgotten about the T-shirt. I'll have to dig mine out of my drawers (chest of drawers to those of a smutty nature).

v85rawdeal
29th December 2007, 18:26
Frontier arrived today, which was extremely quick considering I only paid for it on Christmas Day. Didn't come with the map, but I still have the one from my other copy. It did, however, come with TWO copies of the game disk (both original) so that wasn't so bad.

Haven't tested it yet, but I need to set up the Amiga and test the other copy (the one that got waterlogged). But the main reason I ordered it was to replace the manuals from the other copy. And at the price I paid, I think I got a good bargain (as long as one of my versions still works).

slicer1000
5th March 2008, 11:46
Hi Guys

It been a month or two since I last posted I been busy. I have started a new Job working fo a games company. any way I got.

Heroquest 2 legacy of sorasil

Today after I won it off ebay

Harrison
5th March 2008, 12:39
Cool. Is it a well known games company? What sort of games? What are you doing there?

Buleste
5th March 2008, 13:15
More to the point can we have free samples?????

Harrison
5th March 2008, 13:40
:shhh: I was going to build up to that slowly... first congratulating him on the new job, then starting with the free sample pleading! :whistle::lol:

Buleste
5th March 2008, 13:53
Sorry. Why beat around the bush when threatening and then torching is much more efficient.

Harrison
5th March 2008, 14:25
I didn't know you were American! ;)

Buleste
5th March 2008, 14:54
If i was American ther would be no threats and torching would be at the end after the air strikes, armoured invasion and special forces raids. With the possibility of extreme military action at a later date.;)

slicer1000
6th March 2008, 13:22
I am working in QA. Yes I can get free game but I do not think High school musical is on the top of any of your want lists.

I have to rent a flat in london as well now. Which is costing me a small fortune :blink:

Buleste
6th March 2008, 14:57
I think thats a game for the pink tank top brigade.

Harrison
6th March 2008, 15:02
So JT should be first in line for that one then! ;) :lol:

Buleste
6th March 2008, 15:04
I couldn't remember who it was but i knew someone had his own range of designer pink tank tops.:lol: