PDA

View Full Version : Warp3D

Buleste
1st December 2007, 19:55
Has anyone manged to get this most tempreMENTAL of software to work properly? I've managed to get one demo working once and then thats it. If you can get it working properly then please tell me how.

TiredOfLife
3rd December 2007, 00:21
This a scrotes bit of software.
Could get the demos to work on a 060 but not the new mag that uses Warp3d ot the test program.
Think I had the demos working on PPC as well, but have since buggered it up.

Might have another go tomorrow.

Buleste
3rd December 2007, 09:14
What version of Cybergraphics are you using? Or do you use Picasso96?

TiredOfLife
3rd December 2007, 14:17
Picasso 96 (2.1b I think)

Buleste
3rd December 2007, 14:42
It's alright i was just wondering if it matters what RTG you use. obviously not. Anyone any ides as to how to get it to work??

Harrison
3rd December 2007, 17:09
Nope, Sorry. I've only got experience with built in Amiga displays and not any with graphics cards unless you count using RTG in emulation.

Buleste
4th December 2007, 15:18
I;ve managed to get some of the demos working (PPC only ones) the main warptest fails and the large gears causes a memory exception on the PPC. To double check if it's a problem with Warp3d4.2 and my CV64/3D i'm going to download V3 which was the last confirmed working version on my Graphics card.

Buleste
5th December 2007, 09:26
I installed version 3 and every demo (even the 68k ones) worked except warptest which cannot find modeid. Then i reset the computer and tried again and Gears ppc and warptest wouldn't work. Anyone know how to find modeid or if modeid's on CGX4 are different to CGX3?

Buleste
7th December 2007, 12:27
I've finally managed to get Warp 3d working. The documentation is so poor on this but for the CV64/3d the driver only accepts 8bit or 15bit screen modes. Also the Gears PPC module in V4 of Warp3d doesnt' work. Now all i have to do is try to get Wipeout working. The hardware accelleration mode in Payback works but is very erratic so i'm going to have a look at some of the settings for my GC. I might just stick to software rendering or wait until i win the lottery and buy myself a Mediator and a decent Voodoo.

Harrison
8th December 2007, 01:14
I'm glad you finally managed to get Warp 3D to work. It is always a problem when hardware isn't directly developed or supported by the OS or original hardware manufacturer.

Buleste
15th May 2008, 13:01
I've just managed to get Payback working on WinUAE and it's toooooo fast. This now means i am going to have to get a PCI board and decent graphics card as that's got to be the only reason why it runs slowly on my 1200.