PDA

View Full Version : A1200 IDE

JLPedro
23rd November 2007, 15:15
Received today a 2,5 to 3,5 HD adapter with power cord from amigakit, but when trying to install, the tv tuner inside de A1200 blocks the adapter from fiting! I can't cut de adapter and i cannot remove the TV tuner. Is there any way of raise the ide port?

StuKeith
23rd November 2007, 15:19
Which one is it? if its the wedge shaped one then thats designed only for tower systems and not desktop units!

Tiago
23rd November 2007, 15:19
Received today a 2,5 to 3,5 HD adapter with power cord from amigakit, but when trying to install, the tv tuner inside de A1200 blocks the adapter from fiting! I can't cut de adapter and i cannot remove the TV tuner. Is there any way of raise the ide port?

What type of adapter is that? Not a cable right? You can put an extension for the IDE, there are some IDE cables with 10 or more centimeters to extend the IDE, and they are not expensive. You put the extension then the adaptador

JLPedro
23rd November 2007, 15:32
heven with a tower system you won't be able to fit the adapter :

some pics :

http://jalp.home.sapo.pt/Pic1.jpg

http://jalp.home.sapo.pt/Pic2.jpg

the pcb is just to big!

Tiago
23rd November 2007, 15:36
Never saw that one, is it to standart Amigas? looks more to tower conversion...?

Buleste
23rd November 2007, 15:50
Have you tried getting in touch with Amikit? They're usually pretty good at getting back in touch with you. Had a quick look on thier site and the only 2.5 to 3.5 ide adapter they have on at moment is completely different so maybe they've sent you the wrong item. Which way have you installed it? From the Photo's it looks like the 2 wires should be away from the TV tuner and it may just slide under the bit of PCB jutting out of the TV tuner.

JLPedro
23rd November 2007, 16:29
The item i brought from amigakit probably as the last, because its no listed anymore.
The side with the 2 wires is close to de 44 pin so it's the side of the tv tuner. But if its not for the A1200 it's for watt Amiga?

Harrison
23rd November 2007, 16:45
I've not seen a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter like this myself.

Both of my A1200's use a 2.5" to 3.5" cable that just has the different connectors on each end, and for the power a Y-Splitter cable connected to the floppy disk drive power.

I would definitely recommend emailing Amigakit and asking them for advice. Maybe also include one of the images showing the device and asking them if it is the correct one you ordered.

JLPedro
23rd November 2007, 18:51
Ok just broke-it, i'll use the 44 connector and a pc ide cable and do a new cable 2,5'' to 3,5'' (i'm getting good at this, this last months) by solding the wires to the connector. Thanks for the help, you guys are cool!

Stephen Coates
23rd November 2007, 19:34
Is this definately an adaptor for the amiga, or is it an adaptor to connect a 2.5" HD to a 3.5" IDE socket?

Buleste
23rd November 2007, 19:54
I think it will fit a 1200 but JLPedro was trying to put it in the wrong way round. I've looked at the picture and there is a number 1 just below the black wire which i think corresponds with the number 1 on the 2.5 ide on the 1200 so the protruding wires should be near the PCMCIA slot and the side with JLpedros thumb should just about fit next to the TV tuner. If i remember rightly the numbers for the 2.5 pins and 3.5 pins were mirrored so that you couldn't damage a 2.5 drive by trying to fit it to a 3.5 connector.

JLPedro
23rd November 2007, 19:57
Forget it, i've managed to broke-it triyng to cut the edges to fit de board so i'll buy a buffered interface for the amiga 1200 like this:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=532&osCsid=aebfe554ca4a1493b64f4ac33de71b21

By the way, is it any good just to fit a 3,5 HD drive?