PDA

View Full Version : Sport soccer - Euro cup - England

Tiago
23rd November 2007, 14:07
What happened to England?
It was a big surprize for me when i saw that England was out... :blink:
Players? Coach? What was the problem?

I see a lot of excellent players in England so... Coach perhaps?

Buleste
23rd November 2007, 14:10
Over paid players who can't be bothered and a coach who's about as usefull as a chocolate CPU. Bring back performance related pay for players and managers in football.

Harrison
23rd November 2007, 14:31
It's Football and it's England. Need I say more?

But as I don't follow or really have an interest in the sport I have no idea what went wrong.

Demon Cleaner
23rd November 2007, 14:50
I think that is also due to the english sticking to their very old and obsolete kick'n rush football style. Gameplay in football has changed a lot since 1970, and it's also time for the english national team to switch tactics. If you look in the english league, the only teams that play on top, are those with 80% foreign players who play another kind/style of football.

Bloodwych
24th November 2007, 15:37
Croatia deserved to go through top of the group - they look a useful side, pass well, good on the break, play well as a unit and good defence. Good luck to them in the tournament.

Russia weren't anything special. They lost against Israel and got a 1-0 win over Andorra! That's shocking!

The fact an average Russian side qualified ahead of us is a total embarrassment. Greece are now rated above us in the world standings and we won't be seeded for the World cup qualifiers, so we better improve because it's going to be a tougher group next time out.

What many people are forgetting is that we would have qualified easily if it wasn't for some absolute shocking goal keeper errors! Not only in the last match, but earlier games as well. I'm no fan of Mclaren, but no matter what he did if your keeper at the back is handing the opposition goals then the team is in some serious shit. We used to laugh at Scotland's lack of keepers - now England have none that seem up to the task of wearing the shirt.

Dodgy keepers aside, Mclaren is an easy target and yes he wasn't the right man for the job which didn't help, but the team playing as a "team" is the real issue. These filthy rich players perform week in and week out in their premiership fixtures full of foreigners - they simply don't know how to play with other English players at international level! Shocking but true!

Every time I watch England play, its painful. Talented individuals who look like little boys lost when put together as a team. They never look comfortable with the system we play or each other - this results in a lack of passion between them and a team full of frustrated confused faces.

It's like they're playing in slow motion during some matches and often go to sleep once they score a goal as if to say, "we've done enough here lads, remember what our club managers said - let's not get injured". No one seems to add personality or character to the side and overall the three lions feel more like the three shitsues.

Submeg
24th November 2007, 22:34
Ha, seems like us Aussie boys will be able to woop you then :p considering most of our international side play together save for Viduka, Kewell and Cahill

TiredOfLife
25th November 2007, 06:22
Two goals for Cahil today.
Stuff England, Everton won 7-1 so life's great.

England have made a habit of picking managers who haven't won anything at club level, Erickson being the acception.

Nothing wrong with the players.
I see them play well in Europe for their clubs.
A decent manager could do well with the players we have got.

The only real problem is the keeper.
We definitly are the modern day Scotland where that is concerned.

Bloodwych
25th November 2007, 09:13
Ha, seems like us Aussie boys will be able to woop you then :p considering most of our international side play together save for Viduka, Kewell and Cahill

Now, now Submeg, let's not get carried away!

Submeg
25th November 2007, 09:31
:p Just stating facts really :whistle:

Buleste
25th November 2007, 13:54
No Submeg. Australia are good at swimming, cricket, tying kangeroos down and a whole lot of other sports. So please give the English, who invented most of the sports you lot are good at, a chance of winning. Apart from Rugby Union where we all ready won.:tease:

J T
26th November 2007, 09:06
I think that is also due to the english sticking to their very old and obsolete kick'n rush football style. Gameplay in football has changed a lot since 1970, and it's also time for the english national team to switch tactics. If you look in the english league, the only teams that play on top, are those with 80% foreign players who play another kind/style of football.

Yes! Lumping it up to the big guy is very rarely going to pay off in international football. Especially when our 6'7 striker isn't actually all that good in the air, and even when he did knock it down during our vital last match there was no one to play off it.

I never wanted McClaren as a manager, and I don't revel in someone losing their job but I'm not sad to see him go.

Submeg
26th November 2007, 11:48
No Submeg. Australia are good at swimming, cricket, tying kangeroos down and a whole lot of other sports. So please give the English, who invented most of the sports you lot are good at, a chance of winning. Apart from Rugby Union where we all ready won.:tease:

Oooooh harsh. Yea well it's pretty obvious why....considering you sent all the convicts out here, they didnt have anything better to do with their time so they started playing sports. Maybe you should let your criminals roam the countryside perhaps? :coffee:

Buleste
26th November 2007, 12:02
We do. Unfortunatly as modern sports require athletic and mostly drug free sports people the convicts are no good. I think it's more the fact Australia is mostly warm with good weather so people want to be outside where as in Britain it's too cold and wet all year round but not cold enough to be good at winter sports. we're good at darts though.

And snooker and other drinking related "sports".

Submeg
26th November 2007, 12:04
Lol, Im pretty sure we are only good at the "drinking" part :thumbs:

Sharingan
26th November 2007, 12:54
There does seem to be some correlation between a country's climate and the sports they're good at.

I mean, Russia is very cold, so all the people there are sitting inside playing chess. Hence, there's tons of ace chess players from Russia.

Tiago
26th November 2007, 16:53
Sure that is a correlation Sharingan ! Here in Portugal we have good weather, so we are very good in laying down on the beach taking sun.
I am sure we are the best in Europe in laying down and doing absolutely nothing.

I can do that every saturday in the summer (beach only at 5 minutes).
haaaaa, so goo, laying down, and do .... nothing.... just the sun, and the ocean sounds.... we stop only to get a beer ......

This is my favorite sport.... you can call it beaching... in Pt is (práiar)

Buleste
26th November 2007, 16:55
Sure that is a correlation Sharingan ! Here in Portugal we have good weather, so we are very good in laying down on the beach taking sun.
I am sure we are the best in Europe in laying down and doing absolutely nothing.

I can do that every saturday in the summer (beach only at 5 minutes).
haaaaa, so goo, laying down, and do .... nothing.... just the sun, and the ocean sounds.... we stop only to get a beer ......

This is my favorite sport.... you can call it beaching... in Pt is (práiar)

This quote was bought to you by "How to win friends and influence people in cold climates." by Tiago.

Harrison
26th November 2007, 17:05
:lol:

v85rawdeal
28th November 2007, 16:41

Not to mention that we invented Australia!!!

Buleste
28th November 2007, 16:52
Not to mention that we invented Australia!!!

:shhh:We don't like to talk about that. We may as well admit we created America in that case.

Harrison
28th November 2007, 17:11
Regarding America, you can sort of see why we don't like the French much! ;)

Buleste
28th November 2007, 17:20
Regarding America, you can sort of see why we don't like the French much! ;)

As British people we hate the French because we've been at war with them for around 1,000 years and owned over half the country for a while. It's only in the last 100 year's that we've been "allies" with the French. And look at the French revolution, that was successfull, not. They get rid af an absolute monarchy and replace it with mass murder for a few years and then place another absolute ruler in place but this time call him Emporer, depose him, then reinstall him when they dislike the polititians and then when he dies they replace him with aking again. (In best 'Allo 'Allo accent) "Pah, ey spit on zees French peeple."

Harrison
28th November 2007, 17:30
Letting the French capture back Normandy was the worst mistake we every made... followed by America.

Just think how big the British Empire would have been by now had it all stayed ours! :hmmm:

Demon Cleaner
28th November 2007, 18:33
...and we in Luxembourg would probably also drive on the left side on the street :(

Submeg
28th November 2007, 21:54
Like that would be such a bad thing ;)

Harrison
29th November 2007, 12:59
...and we in Luxembourg would probably also drive on the left side on the street :(

You know it makes sense! ;)

TiredOfLife
29th November 2007, 23:37
The french, our "allies"

Virtually the first act of WWII, was for the British to sink the french fleet becuase they couldn't even be trusted to be on their own side.

Harrison
30th November 2007, 01:27
There is one thing you can say about the French. The Italians are worse!