----------------------
dunhuang0120u3gra [Vas Crabb]

Source Changes
--------------
Updated DIP locations in the following drivers: [Vas Crabb]
- bublbobl.c: bublbobl, tokio
- cps1.c: all games
- dunhuang.c: dunhuang
- mario.c: marked all as active high (confirmed from manuals)
- segag80r.c: astrob2, astrob1, spaceod and pignewt
- segag80v.c: all games, fixed switch ordering

Made more functions static to reduce namespace pollution.
[Atari Ace]

Improvements to the Touchmaster driver, still labelled not working.
You can actually play tm and tm3k, but sometimes you have to reset
because they stop registering the touchscreen input. tm4k is
protected and hence totally unplayable. [Luca Elia]

Fixed compilation problems with altivec accelerators. [Vas Crabb]

Fixed bug in Voodoo statistics accumulation. [Atari Ace]

Reverted to old behavior where even with -switchres disabled,
MAME will use exclusive mode when rendering with Direct3D. This
means some of the switching to/from fullscreen mode problems will
come back, but should prevent confusion over poor performance by
default. [Aaron Giles]

Made it a non-fatal error if we are unable to change a joystick to
absolute mode in the Windows input code. Some drivers apparently
freak out about this. [Aaron Giles]

Defined a couple more inline functions: div_64x32_rem and the
unsigned equivalent divu_64x32_rem. Added inline implementations
for GCC x86 and MSVC. [Aaron Giles, Vas Crabb]

Cleaned up timer interfaces. Created new module attotime which manages
a new structure type attotime, equivalent to the old mame_time. All
time math functions are now implemented in attotime and have been
removed from timer.h. The following search/replace over the code has
been made:

mame_time -> attotime
subseconds_t -> attoseconds_t
time_zero -> attotime_zero
time_never -> attotime_never

make_mame_make -> attotime_make
mame_time_to_subseconds-> attotime_to_attoseconds
mame_time_to_double -> attotime_to_double
double_to_mame_time -> double_to_attotime
add_mame_times -> attotime_add
add_subseconds_to_mame_time -> attotime_add_subseconds
sub_mame_times -> attotime_sub
sub_subseconds_from_mame_time -> attotime_sub_subseconds
scale_up_mame_time -> attotime_mul
scale_down_mame_time -> attotime_div
compare_mame_times -> attotime_compare

SUBSECONDS_TO_DOUBLE -> ATTOSECONDS_TO_DOUBLE
DOUBLE_TO_SUBSECONDS -> DOUBLE_TO_ATTOSECONDS
USEC_TO_SUBSECONDS -> ATTOSECONDS_IN_USEC
SUBSECONDS_TO_HZ -> ATTOSECONDS_TO_HZ
HZ_TO_SUBSECONDS -> HZ_TO_ATTOSECONDS
MAME_TIME_IN_HZ -> ATTOTIME_IN_HZ
MAME_TIME_IN_SEC -> ATTOTIME_IN_SEC
MAME_TIME_IN_MSEC -> ATTOTIME_IN_MSEC
MAME_TIME_IN_USEC -> ATTOTIME_IN_USEC
MAME_TIME_IN_NSEC -> ATTOTIME_IN_NSEC
MAME_TIME_TO_CYCLES -> ATTOTIME_TO_CYCLES
MAME_TIME_IN_CYCLES -> ATTOTIME_IN_CYCLES

In addition, all the mame_timer_* functions have been renamed back to
their original names timer_*, so it is timer_set() instead of
mame_timer_set() once again. The mame_timer object itself has been
renamed to emu_timer.

New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
---------------------------------------------------
Best Of Best [Luca Elia]

New clones added
----------------
Cluedo (prod. 2) [James Wallace]

Harrison
19th November 2007, 16:11
Wow! Another new version of Mame already. Not many new games but it looks like a lot of internal code updates have taken place. Time to update my set again. :)

AlexJ
19th November 2007, 21:05
I seem to spend more time verifying my set against a new torrent than seeding as they update it so regularly. Still, glad to see development is still going strong.

Harrison
20th November 2007, 00:41
How are you updating your set each time Alex? If you just join the latest torrent and point the download at the existing set you don't need to verify anything, just let it download the difference, and then seed away.

AlexJ
20th November 2007, 01:07
How are you updating your set each time Alex? If you just join the latest torrent and point the download at the existing set you don't need to verify anything, just let it download the difference, and then seed away.

I say verify, I mean check - uTorrent looks for what's already downloaded so I start >90%. For some reason (probably the size of the thing and number of files, combined with a USB External HDD) this takes ages to do.

Harrison
20th November 2007, 01:12
The MAME set does usually take a few minutes to check through before starting to download the differences. I think it is mainly due to how many files are in the set, and utorrent needing to check the hash and size of every one.

Demon Cleaner
20th November 2007, 01:23
AlexJ is right. I keep my torrents that are updated regularly on my internal disk, then do a copy with ViceVersa to an external one for backup. But if you use the external to update the set, it will take ages and sometimes freeze the PC when checking the already existing files.

Harrison
20th November 2007, 01:35
It is a very data intensive process. I only ever store such files on the internal HDs in my server.

I did once test using a NAS drive to store and seed files, but every time I needed to reboot the system uTorrent took forever to verify each torrent being seeded from the NAS before it then started to seed them, so I gave up on that idea.

Demon Cleaner
20th November 2007, 15:35
That was one of the reasons I send back my NAS.

Harrison
20th November 2007, 15:54
That isn't a limitation of the NAS though, as a NAS is only really an HD or collection of HD's directly attached to the network. It is a restriction of how TCP/IP works, which slows down the access of a large number of small files at once.

Demon Cleaner
20th November 2007, 17:48
As you know, mine ran in RAID 5.

Ghost
20th November 2007, 21:50
Hello guys,

Harrison, can you give me a link where I can download this?

Would this download also contain all the arcade roms?
I don't really need them all, there are only a few arcade games I really wish to play again.

Demon Cleaner
20th November 2007, 21:57
Here is the link (http://full.pleasuredome.org.uk/index.php) to PD, scroll down to torrent file section and click [FREE] MAME 0.121 ROMs. Open it in a torrent client, preferably uTorrent, and d/l it. This one is completely for FREE. So you don't need to have a positive ratio to be able to d/l it.

And yes, this one includes every arcade game (6.500+, but not the CHD files). It's 16GB big, and if joining with the 120 set, it begins at 98.6%.

Ghost
20th November 2007, 22:21
Hello Demon Cleaner,

Thank you.
I am a little ignorant on this part, what are CHD files?

Harrison
20th November 2007, 23:05
Some arcade machines use a Harddrive to store the games, rather than rom chips, and the CHD files are how MAME stores these games to run via emulation. Most of the games that are CHD based require a lot of CPU power to emulate them and no current PC can run most of them at full speed, so basically unless you really want a complete set of games for MAME it isn't worth download the CHD files at the moment. The MAME project is also working on adding the laserdisc arcade games to the project and will also be using the CHD format to store the ISO images of the original laserdiscs (unlike Daphne which uses MPEG rips from the original discs). So in future the CHD set will be worth getting, but not at the moment.

As DC said, just download the main MAME set from Pleasuredome. You will need to join the site first so you are a member before you can access the torrent, but it is worth it. The only other thing you will need to MAMEUI (new name for MAME32) which you can find at http://mameui.classicgaming.gamespy.com/

Demon Cleaner
20th November 2007, 23:06
The CHD files are the games that came as hard disk or CD/DVD files, not the ROM files. That set is much bigger, around 60GB. You don't really need it, if you're no hardcore collector, as most of these run very slow or are still buggy.

Ghost
20th November 2007, 23:21
Dammit, for some reason this site doesn't accept my Hotmail account when it asks for an Email.

Harrison
21st November 2007, 00:07
Many sites won't accept hotmail accounts for member signup because they are commonly used by spambots. The main classicamiga site won't accept hotmail.com email addressed for registration for this reason too.

If you like, I can set you up with a classicamiga.com email address. You can then use that to register? And also for your main email address if you so wished. PM me if you want to do that.