PDA

View Full Version : Astronomy Does anyone own a telescope?

Harrison
13th November 2007, 12:06
Ever since I was quite young I've always had a passing interest in astronomy, as have many people, and have always wanted a telescope, but have so far not got one.

I was reading today about the latest software to control a telescope which sounded really cool. Looking at the star charts in the program and then using it to align the telescope so you can then look at the real thing. I've known about such software since it first came out, and every time I read about a new version I then start to think about buying a telescope again. And I think I definitely will get one at some point.

So does anyone here already own a telescope?

The only problem is I don't know much about them, so if and when I do seriously consider buying one I won't have a clue what to look for, so will have to do a lot of research first. What software works with what telescopes for example.

I also want one that a camera can be attached to as that would really add something to its use, being able to take images and long exposures.

Sharingan
13th November 2007, 12:07
Are telescopes those magnifying things used to peep through the window of that hot girl next door?

Tiago
13th November 2007, 13:03
I don't own one, but i would like to.
But i would like to have one that i could use for celestial (sky) and for normal landscape (earth).

Harrison
13th November 2007, 13:17
normal landscape = windows on a level with yours! ;)

J T
13th November 2007, 14:41
Are telescopes those magnifying things used to peep through the window of that hot girl next door?

I have a telescope somwhe.....

wait, are you that one form the police again?

(It's actually only a very small hand held telescope, I can't remember how powerful it is - or isn't as the case is more likely to be. 20x sounds familiar, I think its about 10 or 12 inches long *fnarr* :ninja:)

TiredOfLife
13th November 2007, 16:44
This software to control the telescope, is it hands free voice activated?
:whistle:

v85rawdeal
14th November 2007, 10:16
That might explain Patrick Moore's slightly hunched, squinty-eyed appearance!

j/k I admire Mr. Moore, as he certainly made astronomy interesting to the common man.

Buleste
14th November 2007, 16:06
Is this about astronomy or Voyeurism? I like both but just don't want to make a wrong post. I have a hand held extendable one as well.

Harrison
14th November 2007, 16:10
I have a hand held extendable one as well.

No, that's definitely not what this topic is about!!! :no::no::no: :eyebrow: :lol:

J T
14th November 2007, 17:54
I have a hand held extendable one as well.

No, that's definitely not what this topic is about!!! :no::no::no: :eyebrow: :lol:

:D BWAHAHAHAHA :lol:

(you beat me to making a joke about that)

Submeg
15th November 2007, 10:54
So yea, Voyeurism........

I have a periscope, very useful when going down below ;)

Harrison
15th November 2007, 12:57
I have a periscope, very useful when going down below ;)

Hope it is water tight! ;)

Submeg
15th November 2007, 13:00
That's all right, the vessel is well defended, no way any enemy subs will be venturing in her waters