PDA

View Full Version : Girls in forum... we should try...

Tiago
13th November 2007, 07:35
Many times we said that we don't have any girls in forum...
We still don't have any girls in forum...

I don't believe there aren't any Amiga female fans... i remember back in the days,
that most fans where male, but there were girls that liked computer games, i used to know at last 3 girls with Amigas... i am sure there are still some out there.

We should do something about this. We can seek in other foruns to find some girls and invite them to come to classicamiga.

A female presence would be very nice.

Submeg
13th November 2007, 10:07
Yea, I dont know why it is....not like we are an overly ego dominated group...

Stephen Coates
13th November 2007, 10:46
There certainly are girls who (still) like Amigas. There just arn't that many of them.

Harrison
13th November 2007, 10:57
We have had female members in the past, with the most enthusiastic being an American who owned a lot of big box machines. I think she was having trouble juggling a lot of kids, a university course, living in a caravan and a few other things and so ended up not being able to visit. That was quite some time ago though, so I might try to contact her and see if she will visit us again.

But it is true, we don't see any girls (that we know of) posting, unless one of you has something to admit! ;)

There are definitely some female Amiga fans out there. I've received emails from quite a few asking for help in finding their favourite games that they remember, and helping them get them to run in emulation so they can play them again.

Sharingan
13th November 2007, 11:06
If you really want a female Amiga enthusiast on the CA forums, I can wear a wig and pretend to be one :thumbs:

Harrison
13th November 2007, 11:09
But we would need photographic evidence!

Stephen Coates
13th November 2007, 11:10
There are some girls at amiga.org.

Doesn't anyone here have girlfriends who might take a bit of interest in Amigas?

Tiago
13th November 2007, 11:10
If you really want a female Amiga enthusiast on the CA forums, I can wear a wig and pretend to be one :thumbs:

No sharingan... don't do that...

Harrison
13th November 2007, 11:12
Doesn't anyone here have girlfriends who might take a bit of interest in Amigas?

You don't actually have a girlfriend, do you Steve? If you did you would know how silly that question is. :lol:

Stephen Coates
13th November 2007, 11:20
No, I don't have a girlfriend :(

Why is it silly? There could be some people who are lucky and have a girlfriend that likes Amigas. After all, we have determined that amiga-liking-girls do exist.

Submeg
13th November 2007, 11:50
I take pity on my gf, she likes PS games but cant go back in time to the amiga :( mssing out on so much

Harrison
13th November 2007, 11:57
Well Steve, the reason is that once you have a girlfriend you will quickly learn that they are always right, or you won't have one for long! ;)

For example most women seem to be becoming obsessed with Facebook and see nothing wrong with spending hours sitting their adding pointless applets to their profile and "investigating" old friends profiles to see who they used to know that are still friends with each other. But if we spend the same amount of time looking at retro gaming sites, playing a game, or something similar, they view it as a completely pointless waste of time, as you could be doing something more "useful". That sadly is the way the logic of women works.

There are very are occasions when you do find a girl who actually is on your wavelength and understands why you enjoy your hobbies then do everything you can to keep her!

Tiago
13th November 2007, 12:07
:lol::lol::lol:

My girlfriend looks at my Amiga in my living room and say:
"better enjoy it now, because when we married and i move to your apartment, this "keyboard" will be gone..." :lol:

So i must transform the Amiga in something that dont look like a "keyboad".....:)

Harrison
13th November 2007, 12:19
Hang on Tiago. It is "your" apartment! Put your foot down and make her live by your rules! ;)

toomanymikes
13th November 2007, 12:31
I can see that happening when hell freezes over! My GF dosent like half the stuff I do but she lets me get on with it and I let her enjoy her stuff that I think is rubbish - like Big Brother, Hollyoaks and all that sort of crap. Seems to work well with this compromise!

Tiago
13th November 2007, 12:32
Well we agreed that we both would make the rules. 50% - 50%... but we all know that a computer in the living room is not that kind of decoration that womem like....
My PS2 is ok for her... but the problem is the keys .... keyboad...amiga....living room... not compatible with womem....

J T
13th November 2007, 13:38

Woah steady on there, H! You're coming across as a bit eager to have Sharingan is the Classicamiga (and by default - your - ) 'bitch' :oldtimer:

My wife probably doesn't even know what an Amiga is. And she (jokingly) mocks my posting on forums by referring to them as 'those 'gay' websites' :mad:

Not so gay though when I'm using them to find out how to repair the telly/MP3 player/mobile phone/car she has broken or track down that music she can't find or the TV show she missed, eh? Eh? EH?

:smokin:

Harrison
13th November 2007, 14:26

Woah steady on there, H! You're coming across as a bit eager to have Sharingan as the Classicamiga (and by default - your - ) 'bitch' :oldtimer:

Umm... think I will stop pursuing that joke any further then... :zipped:

My wife probably doesn't even know what an Amiga is. And she (jokingly) mocks my posting on forums by referring to them as 'those 'gay' websites' :mad:

Not so gay though when I'm using them to find out how to repair the telly/MP3 player/mobile phone/car she has broken or track down that music she can't find or the TV show she missed, eh? Eh? EH?

:smokin:

Sounds about right.

Her: "My iPod won't work!"
5 minutes later...
Her: "It works again! How did you do that?"
Me: "I looked it up online"
ten minutes later...
"Why are you on that computer wasting time?!"

Puni/Void
13th November 2007, 14:33
Steve wrote:

No, I don't have a girlfriend

Why is it silly? There could be some people who are lucky and have a girlfriend that likes Amigas. After all, we have determined that amiga-liking-girls do exist.

It's not silly at all! I think there's a couple at Amiga.org that are developing games, but I'm not 100% sure though.

My girlfriend is also a bit interested in Amiga's, as she's completed games like Parasol Stars and Superfrog. We've also spent some time playing Deluxe Galaga, but that was years ago before Warblade was released. ;)

Tiago
13th November 2007, 14:37
My girlfriend is also a bit interested in Amiga's

PG, how did you do that?
Can i change my girlfriend kickstart? :lol:

Puni/Void
13th November 2007, 14:40
Well, we started playing these co-op games and found it fun! :) Wasn't really more to it than that. The Amiga has some great titles, so it's easy to get hooked. None of us had a PC at that time either, so the Amiga was the only option for computing.

J T
13th November 2007, 14:49

PG, how did you do that?

You can try sticking it in but then you might run into problems with your floppy being rejected.

Puni/Void
13th November 2007, 14:51
:lol:

Tiago
13th November 2007, 14:56

PG, how did you do that?

You can try sticking it in but then you might run into problems with your floppy being rejected.

That would be a real big problem :lol:

Stephen Coates
13th November 2007, 15:01
lol :D

Harrison
13th November 2007, 15:36
Surely you would want to be using a Hard Disk. She's not going to accept a floppy disk now is she!

TiredOfLife
13th November 2007, 15:58
Some fibs being told here.
Someones girlfriend happy to have her fella "waisting time" on an Amiga/PC/Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo/Football/Golf etc.

Don't make me laugh.

Ste, your only young mate, don't let any of them get their claws in.
Don't let yourself get dragged under.

(Wonder why there are no women members on this site.)
:hmmm:

Harrison
13th November 2007, 16:07
I was about to make the same point. Just read through the whole of this thread to see why we don't have any female members! :lol:

Submeg
13th November 2007, 19:58
Yea they would just take over, start making new sections like "hair and beauty" and threads dedicated to makeup products.............BORING!

Demon Cleaner
13th November 2007, 22:09
Do we really need girls in here? We would only talk about computers anyway, or would there be someone asking other non computer related questions? I don't think so. Could be interesting though.

Most gf's I had, also had a complete disinterest in computers/consoles whatever which shape they had. I only had one gf when I was 18 who played Bubble Bobble and Twintris with me. She was better in Twintris than myself, and I hate losing, and even worse is, losing against women :dry:

Submeg
13th November 2007, 22:22
I feel your pain, my gf can kick my ass in any tekken....sad really.....but I make up for it in R:FOM....two words: sniper rifle