PDA

View Full Version : ebay - question

Tiago
11th November 2007, 15:45
Hi,

i bought about 20 items in Ebay (Uk, FR, USA).
But now i would like to start selling some items...

i am Portuguese, i dont have ebay i my country, so:

- Where can i put my items? Can i put them in UK ebay?
- If i put them in uk ebay do i have the option to sell worldwide?
- Can i put an item in UK ebay and say that is for hand delivery only?

Demon Cleaner
12th November 2007, 06:11
- Where can i put my items? Can i put them in UK ebay?Yes, I suppose so, there are a lot of countries which don't have a local eBay online store.

- If i put them in uk ebay do i have the option to sell worldwide?Of course.

- Can i put an item in UK ebay and say that is for hand delivery only?What do you exactly mean? Do you mean that people have to pick up the stuff at your location? That would be nonsense, as no one would especially travel to Portugal to pick up their stuff. You only have to mention that the shipping costs will be higher as you're sending the stuff from Portugal.

Tiago
12th November 2007, 09:29
Demon, "hand delivery only" i mean pick up the stuff at my location. I have soe items that are very heavy (20kg) and i want to sell them only for local people here in Portugal.
There are a lot of Portuguese peoplo buying in ebay.
For normal packages i wil sell for everyone in the world.

Demon Cleaner
12th November 2007, 10:02
Then you have to specify Portugal only and not worldwide for that item. And it's also possible to specify hand delivery only.

J T
12th November 2007, 14:45
Do you have any local e-bay equivalents? If you are dead-set on making the items for collection only then it may be better to advertise locally (in free papers, shop windows, entusiast magazines and websites). Sure it'll be limiting your potential 'audience' and maybe stop you making quite as much cash - but it will be easier. Also, as DC mentioned, people won't come from too far away to collect things.

Good luck :)

Tiago
12th November 2007, 15:00
Yes JT you write, most items i will sell will be for worldwide.
But there is someother like my radio-control tamiya 1/10 car that weights about 8kg
and it's a quite complicated item to post. it can be brokem post office or in travel.
So this one i will sell only to local people. It's just 1 or 2 items.

Harrison
12th November 2007, 15:41
I don't recommend you say "hand delivery only" as that sounds more like you mean you would be willing to deliver the item in person. You should instead say "collection only", and you can state when adding your item on ebay that it is for collection only and you will not post it, so that is OK.

But, you mention you are worried about items getting damaged in the post. You could offer insured postage, then the buying will be paying to insure the item against damage or lose.

Tiago
12th November 2007, 15:55
So "collection only" is ok?
or
"pick up only"
or
"collection only in Portugal"

I put:
"Collection only!! In Portugal/Estoril/Lisbon area!"

Is this ok?
what is the best sentence to put?

Stephen Coates
12th November 2007, 16:14
You would just need to state that you will not post it and that it is collection only, so something like:

'This item is for collection only from Lisbon in Portugal. I will not post it.'

should do fine. I don't know how big Lisbon is, but you might want to also put whereabouts in Lisbon you are, just to help other people determine how far they will have to travel to collect it.

You could also offer to meet half way with someone, so you both travel a short distance, rather than just the buyer travels a long distance.

Tiago
12th November 2007, 16:25
Ok, thanks for the tips :)

Harrison
12th November 2007, 17:41
That is a good tip Steve mentioned. You could put "contact seller to discuss the collection of item", then you can arrange the best way with the buyer.