PDA

View Full Version : Nec FD1231H

JLPedro
8th November 2007, 17:40
Does anyone knows how to shitch the Nec FD1231H drive from ds1 to ds0?

I have an floppy adaptor to use PC disk drives and only needs to be set to ds0.

Here is the pcb if it helps:

http://jalp.home.sapo.pt/Nec%20FD1231H.JPG

Harrison
8th November 2007, 17:49
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Normally on the Amiga you do this by editing the device driver. Find the DS1: device driver in the Devices drawer, make a copy and name the copy DS0, then edit this new copies properties so that it then points to the drive as DS0:

I can't give more info as I don't know what properties it has when you edit it.

JLPedro
8th November 2007, 17:56
it as to be in hardware

Harrison
8th November 2007, 18:11
This article I found might be helpful for you. It mentioned switching the drive from DS1 to DS0 by cutting a connection on it.

http://www.carrott.org/amiga/floppy.html

Let me know if that helps.

JLPedro
8th November 2007, 18:12
I don't install anything, for the amiga it's a standard drive, it only needs the drive set to ds0, and i don't know how to do it.

i've done it to other drives like samsung 321b, but this is a new drive brought today and the pcb seems diferent from others FD1231H.

Harrison
8th November 2007, 18:16
Or this informaton I just found on another forum which directly refers to your drive:

This is how you have an Amiga compatible drive.

Cut the trace from the controller chip to pin 34 and wire it to pin 2.

Put a wire linking pin 34 with pin 30.

Also you have to change the drive from DS1 to DS0. This is hard to find in some drives.

On NEC FD1231H is the JA1 bridge, who must be set in other way (it's a SMD shunt).

That should solve your problem.

JLPedro
8th November 2007, 18:21
I have to thank you for the help.
I have read the same page but as i stated this is a new drive (and probably new pcb) and there is no JA1... they go from J1 to J7, i have removed the j1 shunt and the drive remais unusable, so probably the J1 is not the same as the JA1 on other Nec drive...