PDA

View Full Version : Quiz Quiz discussion

Demon Cleaner
8th January 2007, 07:02
If you have an idea, complaint, feedback, suggestion, question or whatever, feel free to post and ask here.

AlexJ
8th January 2007, 22:30
Have you decided on a closing date for Quiz 1 yet? I couldn't see anything on it's thread.

Harrison
8th January 2007, 23:17
I think DC will wait until as many regular members as possible have submitted their answers before announcing a closing date. I think DC lost the answers already submitted for the quiz on the old forum, so if anyone hasn't resubmitted they answers on the new forum please do so you will be included in the results and maybe gain some points and an award through the new forum points and awards systems.

Demon Cleaner
9th January 2007, 08:22
That's true. There were not many people on that quiz last time due to the new main site, I think only 3 people sent me answers, but they're lost, because of the loss of the Invision board.

I will add a close date when most of the members have send me as PM, so that I'm sure, most people will participate, as some often forget to take the quiz.

Harrison
9th January 2007, 10:18
Maybe when the quiz has run for a week or more you could send a group PM to the regular members who have not submitted an answer reminding them that the quiz is due to end soon.

Demon Cleaner
9th January 2007, 13:57
Will do so. I also have made a table with the results, so immediately if I get a reply from a member, I can put his results into the table, so he can watch where he went wrong.

Of course I will not post the results, but if the member, after listed in the table, wants to get the results, he can PM me for them.

Harrison
9th January 2007, 14:51
I saw the table and thought it was a great idea how you have constructed it. It is nice to see the new table feature I added being used. :D

Will you still post the full set of answers in a restricted thread once the quiz is over? Maybe restrict access to the thread with the results table in it, so only members qho took part have access once the quiz is over, then post the answers in a new post under the table?

Demon Cleaner
9th January 2007, 16:31
Maybe restrict access to the thread with the results table in it, so only members who took part have access once the quiz is over, then post the answers in a new post under the table?I wanted to do that, but how can I password protect the topic? I searched for an option, but didn't find any.

So when it is password protected, when I get a reply, I PM the quiz taker the password. Would be great, in that way, he can immediately see the results and doesn't have to wait till the end of the quiz.

Harrison
9th January 2007, 17:32
Maybe restrict access to the thread with the results table in it, so only members who took part have access once the quiz is over, then post the answers in a new post under the table?I wanted to do that, but how can I password protect the topic? I searched for an option, but didn't find any.

I've PM'd you details on how you can do this. Details were also posted in the Staff Members area.

Demon Cleaner
9th January 2007, 18:41
I've just set it up and posted the results. Well, you can of course also see them as admin. I will add users as soon I have their results PMed.

Harrison
9th January 2007, 20:08
Well I won't look at the results as I want to take part in the quiz myself. I will try and submit my answers tomorrow. :)

Puni/Void
10th January 2007, 10:08
I like that table - a nice feature for the Quiz section. Too bad I didn't do very well on the quiz though. :unsure:

Demon Cleaner
10th January 2007, 10:13
The table is for any use, not only for the quiz section. I just wanted to let you know, in case. I thought making a table would give us a nice overview over the whole quiz in one look. And as Harrison told me how to use private threads, this is just working fine for the quiz section.

v85rawdeal
25th April 2008, 18:55
I have an Amiga quiz that I would like to have run as one of the quizzes (sp?). What is the best way of going about it?

Should I PM the questions to DC and then hold off on passing on the answers till after the quiz is closed?

I would love to see this quiz run as it took all of five minutes to decide how I wanted it to work and almost 8 hours of research to get the quiz together...

Pretty please...

Pretty, pretty please...

Pretty, pretty pretty please, with beige smarties on top...

Demon Cleaner
25th April 2008, 19:15
Perhaps you can do it using the vBulletin main Quiz feature here (http://forum.classicamiga.com/quiz.php).

Harrison
25th April 2008, 23:21
You are welcome to start your own quiz in this quiz section yourself. Just create a new Quiz 5 thread and post your questions and lock the quiz thread, asking people to send their answered to you by PM.

Then create a results thread, and I can then update it for you so that it only has permission for you to access it. You can then post the answers in there and I can add permissions to the results thread as you get answers in from members.

v85rawdeal
26th April 2008, 12:20
Have posted the quiz, but couldn't for the life of me, see how to close/lock the thread.

If someone could help me with this I would be forever grateful... and open to bribery!

Teho
26th April 2008, 13:00
Took care of it. Bonus points? :)

v85rawdeal
26th April 2008, 13:04
I am sure I can arrange something ;)

Mind you, i have finally managed to find some of the blurb I wanted for one of the questions, but it is too late to add it now.

*Contemplates using the ROTR blurb as the tie-breaker, instead*

J T
28th April 2008, 22:09
I finally entered quiz 4. No prizes for lateness, obv :whistle:

Harrison
29th April 2008, 15:52
Quiz 5 is definitely a good one. Great work v85rawdeal :thumbs:

So far I only definitely know a couple of them. Will have to do some detective Googling I think. :)

BTW, I've now added a results thread to use one we start to get some answers in. Please don't add the actual answers in there yet though as I will be able to see them and I really want to have a go at this quiz myself.

Puni/Void
7th July 2010, 08:19
Hi guys! Any news on the quiz-front?

Harrison
7th July 2010, 11:58
I will be looking at starting up the quizzes again really soon. If any of you have some ideas for a new quiz please start getting them into shape ready so I can then create the next one ready to begin again.

I'm considering using the limesurvey software we used for the Amiga Top 100 games survey to run the next quiz to see how that goes. Will automate the process of taking part much more and give those running the quiz more control over the answers submitted.