PDA

View Full Version : Fire Force

Ghost
6th November 2007, 02:17
Hello all,

When I just started to play with the Amiga emulator this was one of the first games I tried, I remembered it from an old Amiga magazine of years ago, and as I enjoyed it I also got myself the boxed version and recently the Amiga CD32 version.

Which of you have played this somewhat rough gem?
In general the Amiga games at the times received it well though it received some criticism for its somewhat basic graphics, gameplay, and at the time controversial gameplay (you could sneak up on character and slit their throats, nothing that new these days)

I don't mind the graphics but I have to agree that the gameplay was troubling sometimes such as throwing grenades or being on time at the end point in order to be picked up but in general I like this game a lot and feel that it is a classic Amiga game.

Harrison
6th November 2007, 12:01
Fire Force was a great game, and one of the first to introduce sneak and attack tactics (The MSX version of Metal Gear was the actual first). The controls and gameplay definitely took some practice to get right, once once you had it was great fun.

Sadly it is one of the few games that I never found a way to run on an A1200. Even with the Relokick 1.3 disk or any other downgrader method I tried.

dave_sti
7th November 2007, 23:56
Yep i loved this games. Just great fun! My favourite when shooting a machine gun nest with a rocket launcher and then waiting a few seconds and the body would come falling down. Always made me laugh

Ghost
8th November 2007, 06:21
Yep i loved this games. Just great fun! My favourite when shooting a machine gun nest with a rocket launcher and then waiting a few seconds and the body would come falling down. Always made me laugh

Really need to fire the Emulator again so I can also have a lookey at that scene.

Sharingan
9th November 2007, 11:45
Fire Force, huh? Yeah, I remember that one. Great game.

I had the weird tendency to boot up the game, and just stand there emptying gun clips into the air just because the guns made such satisfying sounds. Do I need help, or what?