PDA

View Full Version : Firework displays

Harrison
5th November 2007, 12:34
Did anyone see any good Firework Displays at the weekend? Or maybe you are going to one tonight?

The Fishbourne recreation ground held their display again this year which was completely free. Sadly we just missed the main display by the time we got there, as it was much earlier than last year, but another display was going on across the road so we watched that one instead. :)

There are also some other good ones in that area each year, but we missed them all this year due to other things happening.

The allotment society where my GF has an allotment is holding a Bonfire party tonight, but I'm also going to be missing that as I'm working.

Hopefully next year we will get to see them all. :)

toomanymikes
5th November 2007, 12:55
We go to the top quality display at Banchory every year - they have it before bonfire night so we get to see this one and the one at the beach in Aberdeen which we can see from our bedroom window. Banchory is better though - its shorter but with just as many fireworks crammed into the time, and its surrounded by woodland so the sound booms and bounces off of the trees. It was probably this that caused my daughter to scream 'Daddy I want to go home' at the top of her voice after 5 minutes...:dry:
Anyways, my GF is taking her to the beach one tonight as she couldnt make the saturday show and I am being wined and dined by a client. Its a hard life...

TiredOfLife
5th November 2007, 13:24
They have a display in our local park.
Should be able to see it from my couch with any luck.;)

Stephen Coates
5th November 2007, 14:20
I went to the one at Clifton Park Yesterday. It was good, but I don't think it was quite as good as last year.

There have also been some good fireworks that I could see out of the window.

Stephen Coates
6th November 2007, 10:27
It was hardly worth going to the park on Sunday considering the amount of good fireworks I could see out of the Window.

TiredOfLife
6th November 2007, 15:03
Same here.
Everyone tends to use industrial fireworks anyway.
They are always seem to get nicked from the local displays .

toomanymikes
6th November 2007, 19:09
the only fireworks i see are the ones behind my eyes! I vow never to drink on a school night again...

Stephen Coates
6th November 2007, 19:22
Same here.
Everyone tends to use industrial fireworks anyway.
They are always seem to get nicked from the local displays .

There was one organisation in my area (I forgot what it's called) who made a fire during last week, ready for bonfire night, and some idiot(s) set fire to it during the week!

They had to appeal on the radio for wood donations. Luckily there were some people who were willing to donate lots of wood and the fire could go ahead.

Harrison
6th November 2007, 22:31
You always get some idiots like that.

I'm surprised more don't get lit like that around this time of year, especially with all the youths hanging around doing nothing.

Puni/Void
7th November 2007, 19:28
Fireworks will most probably be banned in Norway after the upcoming New Year's celebration. Guess a lot of animals will be happy because of that, as they tend to suffer during the explosions.

J T
13th November 2007, 13:47
I went with a group of friends to a large organised fireworks display and it was very good indeed. There was one that formed a smiley face pattern when it exploded which I thought was ace :)

Stephen Coates
13th November 2007, 13:52
Was it supposed to make a smiley face?

Harrison
13th November 2007, 14:31
The ones that form images are really cool. The best I've seen was a few years ago when the new Walt Disney cruise ship docked at Southampton and they put on a really good firework display and some of them made a Mickey Mouse Face which was really cool.

J T
13th November 2007, 14:34
Was it supposed to make a smiley face?

Yes.

I've not see the 'Mickey' shaped fireworks that Harrison mentioned, but they sound cool. Saw some that exploded into heart shapes before, that was really quite good too.

Stephen Coates
13th November 2007, 14:39
I've never seen fireworks that go into funny shapes.

J T
13th November 2007, 14:47
I think they are a relatively new thing, I don't remember seeing them more than 2 or 3 yeards ago.

TiredOfLife
15th November 2007, 23:46
Our local event got cancelled after 3 mins.
Ash was landing on the kiddies and a few had to be treated by St Johns Ambulence staff.
On possibly the windiest day of the year, apparently they were caught out by the wind changing direction.

Harrison
16th November 2007, 05:32
That must have been disappointing. What will they do with all the fireworks now then?

TiredOfLife
16th November 2007, 13:48
Nothing has been announced, so the suspicion is the fireworks will be mothballed for next year.

Harrison
16th November 2007, 15:35
A cunning way to get twice the money in admission for the same fireworks.

Submeg
16th November 2007, 19:47
Damn, I just think you need to set them off all at once ;)

Buleste
16th November 2007, 19:54
Our local event got cancelled after 3 mins.
Ash was landing on the kiddies and a few had to be treated by St Johns Ambulence staff.
On possibly the windiest day of the year, apparently they were caught out by the wind changing direction.

I bet the unused fireworks are going to be used on the local Health and Safety officer with great venom.

J T
17th November 2007, 12:00
Damn, I just think you need to set them off all at once ;)

I've always wanted to see a shit-load of fireworks set off at once. I wonder if it would be like a brief moment of almost-daylight brightness (like that episode of Malcolm in the Middle) or if would be a tad disappointing. If I ever win the lottery......

Harrison
17th November 2007, 12:10
If you really wanted to see a load of fireworks being set off at once you could have driven to that fireworks factory when it caught fire.