PDA

View Full Version : Do you own an Amiga graphics card?

Harrison
5th November 2007, 12:28
When I was using the Amiga in the 90's as my main computer the one thing I wished I could afford was a 24-bit graphics card for my A4000. I used to see the reviews for each new card and then look at the price and get depressed. Compared to the standard Amiga screenmodes a dedicated graphics card would have really speeded graphics applications up greatly, as well as Workbench and other programs that supported the cards extra modes.

Sadly I have still never got hold of an Amiga graphics card, but I would still like to get hold of one for my A4000 at some point just to have a play around and to know I finally did get one. :)

So, does anyone else here own an Amiga graphics card? And if so what one?

It would also be nice to know if you are using a PC graphics card in an A1200 conversion and what you think about it. Although for me it isn't quite the same as the real original Amiga graphics cards of old.

TiredOfLife
5th November 2007, 13:09
I'm using a Voodoo 5500 and a 19" TFT
Makes a massive difference in comparison to using a 1084 monitor.

Harrison
5th November 2007, 14:46
What do you do if a game or application drops into native 15KHz modes though TiredOfLife?

TiredOfLife
5th November 2007, 20:14
The TV output is plugged into my TV Card.
Not great mind.

Stephen Coates
6th November 2007, 09:35
Do you have a TV card in the Amiga which you use to receive the amiga's 15kHz signal? Or a TV card in another computer?

TiredOfLife
6th November 2007, 15:01
TV card is in the Amiga.

Buleste
6th November 2007, 18:41
I've got Cybervision 64/3D. O.k. card for it's age if you ignore that the 3D aspect is totally useless. And so is the memory size. And speed. Oh O.k. it's crap for todays uses. But it still works. Except when it wants to mess around with colours and turns everything a loverly shade of pink. My advice is spend money on a PCI board and get a cheap Voodoo card.