PDA

View Full Version : Massive Amiga software collection on fleaBay

StuKeith
29th October 2007, 19:21
Im very tempted to bid. It will mean however, a 5hr journey each way! :unsure:

Amiga Collection (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150175795554&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005)

Demon Cleaner
29th October 2007, 19:33
Nice collection, if you win this one, sell me the C64 games ;)

Harrison
29th October 2007, 22:24
That definitely is a great collection. It would be brilliant for scanning for the site. hint, hint! ;)

StuKeith
30th October 2007, 12:00
That definitely is a great collection. It would be brilliant for scanning for the site. hint, hint! ;)

If I can borrow your pickup yea. not sure if my 306 fit it all in lol.

Harrison
30th October 2007, 14:16
Actually my Dad has a pickup. A nice L200. :)

I think the seller of that auction might be very optimistic hoping it will go for £1000. I can't image it going for anything like that.

Ghost
30th October 2007, 14:17
Hello all,

I don't know, I see a crapload of PC games between it all, plus I myself can't find any of the real interesting Amiga classics amongst this like for example the Lucasarts games.

I get more the impression that this guy's collection is somewhat after the 'golden' era of Amiga, yes he does have some games still considered classic by many but not much.

Harrison
30th October 2007, 14:34
That is true, and there are a lot of duplicates. But I imagine there should be quite a few good ones among them. The condition of most of them look OK though.

dave_sti
31st October 2007, 00:56
wow nice selection but i have to agree, i see a lot of PC games there and only the odd amiga game. Still would be a nice collection to have!

J T
31st October 2007, 09:50
That's a lot of games for sure, but really would anyone other than a reseller really be genuinely interested?

v85rawdeal
31st October 2007, 18:50
Nice collection, but there are only a couple of games that I would be truly interested in... ie Midwinter and er... Midwinter

Ghost
31st October 2007, 20:32
That's a lot of games for sure, but really would anyone other than a reseller really be genuinely interested?

I have to agree with you on that, most of that stuff will probably appear on EBay again.

I have been looking through the pictures but I can't find any of the games that would make me interested like adventures, RPGs, classic shooters etc.
He is offering a lot of the later games of the Amiga and to be honest not all of those were very good, especially when the Amiga tried to compete with PC FPS shooters.