PDA

View Full Version : Now its my birthday!

Ghost
23rd October 2007, 13:08
Hello all,

Well today is my birthday, I am now Twenty - Eight now.
It doesn't really feel very different than yesterday, only thing that lingers on my mind is that I have two years of study grant left before I have to look for other sources.

For the rest, well not much of excitement has happened today yet, I had a couple of visitors; mostly people who have been helping me since I have started to live on my own and we have celebrated a little with cake and such.
I also received a couple of presents from them like an organizer and a few other small things.

My friend Ian McDonald, creator of the Bruno the Bandit webcomic also surprised me with an unexpected gift, a drawing made especially for me.
He send a me picture of it on Email and will mail me the original later.

Antti, my friend in Finland got me a copy of Darwinia, guess I finally get to install it today as I had promised him not to do so earlier.

Chris, pal from Guam gave me a copy of Galactic Civilisations 2: The Dread Lords/Dark Avatar.

In a way I got my own presents last week, Half Life 2 The Orange Box, Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, and Halcyon Sun.
I am still planning to get a new PC but it depends on a little on what people recommend and when blasted Vista finally runs properly.

I'll keep you all informed.

toomanymikes
23rd October 2007, 13:11
Happy birthday!

Submeg
23rd October 2007, 13:18
Hehe too many birthdays! Happy Birthday Ghost! :thumbs:

Harrison
23rd October 2007, 13:21
Yeah, Happy birthday Ghost.

:BirthdayBalloons59:

And don't forget, if you can remember your birthday you didn't party hard enough! ;)

Tiago
23rd October 2007, 13:43
Happy birthday! :D

Submeg
23rd October 2007, 14:10
And don't forget, if you can remember your birthday you didn't party hard enough! ;)

So true, so true....

Demon Cleaner
23rd October 2007, 14:17
Happy birthday mate, and enjoy your 28, not long till 30 ;)

Ghost
23rd October 2007, 14:20
Happy birthday mate, and enjoy your 28, not long till 30 ;)

Indeed, so I have to make sure I got a degree about that time as with basic schooling you don't get very far.

Stephen Coates
23rd October 2007, 15:45
Happy Birthday.

Only a few months till mine now.

Ghost
23rd October 2007, 15:50
Man, we're all starting get old here.

Which is the youngest member on the board?

Demon Cleaner
23rd October 2007, 16:05
Stephen surely is, and I think I'm one of the oldest :dry:

Sharingan
23rd October 2007, 16:30
Happy birthday :)

Since most of us grew up having Amigas and stuff, I figure almost everyone at CA should be around 30-35. Me, I'm just one year shy of that, but already feeling like an old fart!

Stephen Coates
23rd October 2007, 16:54
I will be 17 next year. 17 does seem quite old for me as the last few years have gone very quikely. I know there are a few people of similar age to me at amiga.org, but I don't think there are here.

Harrison
23rd October 2007, 17:43
Only two months till my 34th birthday too!

J T
23rd October 2007, 18:06
:) Happy Birthday Ghost :)

Ghost
23rd October 2007, 19:34
Hello all of you,

Thank you all for wishing me a happy birthday, this year is definitely an improvement over last year.
A lot less people who remembered my birthday and nothing really I could look out for regarding something I really wanted to have.

As for our 'generation', I think its the best.
We were witness to how gaming became more accepted within society and the creation of several classics, unfortunate we're also witness to the decline in game quality to cater the mainstream gamer.

But we will take it back, dammit!

Harrison
23rd October 2007, 23:12
Although you are not quite old enough to remember the dawn of the first Arcade games and the start of the whole gaming industry! Something I remember well from the late 70's. ;)

Ghost
24th October 2007, 00:57
Although you are not quite old enough to remember the dawn of the first Arcade games and the start of the whole gaming industry! Something I remember well from the late 70's. ;)

Not such a big loss "Grandpa" ;)

Demon Cleaner
24th October 2007, 01:10

Not such a big loss "Grandpa" ;)I think so, it would have been a very big loss imo, I was born in 1971 and can remember playing on a lot of arcade machines in the late 70's and early 80's, and I'm very glad I did not miss this period of time. I was quite amazed when I played Asteroids for the first time in Italy during a holiday in 78 or 79.

Ghost
24th October 2007, 01:13
Thanks a lot you two for making me feel bad.

Guess it is time for me to plan some payback.

Puni/Void
24th October 2007, 19:09
Happy birthday, Ghost! Hope you had a good time. :)

Ghost
24th October 2007, 22:13
Happy birthday, Ghost! Hope you had a good time. :)

Hello P G,

I did have some good time but I still have to really celebrate it, guess I am going to look for something fun to do this weekend.

TiredOfLife
28th October 2007, 19:12
Not only did miss this thread, looks like I might be the oldest here, bugger.

Anyway a belated happy birthday mate.