PDA

View Full Version : Sport Lo spirito di Ferrari è vivo!

Harrison
21st October 2007, 19:13
Kimi has done the unthinkable and won the 2007 Formula One World Championship.

The best driver definitely won today.

Congratulations to Ferrari and Kimi!!! :thumbs:

I'm so glad McLaren walk away without either title this year after the behaviour of the team and the drivers. While Lewis did drive well enough all season to deserve the championship victory, he and his team both made some mistakes! It is after all his first year, he is still very young, and as today showed he is still learning. His time will come but today Kimi deserved it and it finally brought a long overdue smile to his face.

AlexJ
21st October 2007, 20:51
Yep, congrats to Raikkonen and Ferrari for winning the championship. Despite wanting to see Hamilton win (being a McLaren supporter), Kimi was desperately unlucky during his time at Macca, and deserved to have something go his way. I also got a peverse pleasure from seeing ITV almost crying after over two weeks of "Lewis has more or less clinched the title" coverage from them.

An award to the Brazilian host broadcaster as well today for providing what must be the worst coverage of a Grand Prix in years. Poor picture quality, following the leaders parading around (one of whom happens to be a Brazilian) while Williams and BMW's are battling (and potentially crashing giving Lewis the WDC), caption machine failure gave a really amateur feel to their production.

Harrison
21st October 2007, 22:20
It definitely wasn't the best coverage, and you could tell it was one of the races ITV don't direct the coverage for themselves. The most annoying bit was a Hamilton overtaking move where the camera was following him, and just as he went to try and overtake it cut to the pit crew! And then back to the action once the overtake was over.

AlexJ
21st October 2007, 22:42
It wouldn't be F1 without post race pissing about by the FIA:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63547

I hope nothing comes of it, no-one wants to see championships decided off the track, especially when it doesn't involve the drivers competing.

Harrison
21st October 2007, 23:17
That would not be a good conclusion to the year if the FIA disqualify the three cars from the results. It would move Hamilton up to 4th and make him the champion, rather than Kimi. And I don't think anyone would agree with such a decision.

If anything a fine for infringement of rules should be the only punishment, if any. And it seems to be an odd infringement related to fuel temperature. The track was very hot during the race which surely had something to do with temperatures. :unsure:

J T
22nd October 2007, 09:57
I still miss Michael Schumacher.

But yeah, it's a (tiny bit of a) shame Hamilton didn't win it, but if the team and drivers can't play nice then they deserve to have all lost out. Better luck next year.

Harrison
22nd October 2007, 14:44
The Brazilian stewards finally decided the evidence was insufficient to justify sanctions against BMW Sauber and Williams, so they have escaped penalty, and this means Kimi's championship title is secure! :)

However McLaren are now said to be considering an appeal against that ruling. If they do this they are just going to be shown as bad losers grasping for any technicality to try and over turn the championship standings. Also in my view if they go ahead with an appeal it will just lose them more fans.

One a different subject. Annoyingly ITV did the usual bad coverage after the race and cut the drivers post-race press conference short after Kimi's initial questions, so we didn't get to hear from either Massa or Alonso. But luckily formula1.com transcribe the whole thing so if any of you want to read everything all three drivers said, you can at http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/10/7024.html

One nice quote from Kimi in the last part of the conference was:

"I love the team, I have such a good time with the team, I enjoy Formula One much more now than last year."

Just shows how much Ferrari's passion and enthusiasm for racing continues to exist in the team, and that quote clearly shows he wasn't happy at McLaren last year.

J T
22nd October 2007, 17:46
ITV weren't in charge of the broadcasting from what I hear, they were at the mercy of the Brazilian TV corporation and as such the editing/coverage and overall quality was poor.

McLaren do sound like bad sports. They lost, get over it - if the title does change hands it would be a travesty I think.

Harrison
22nd October 2007, 18:12
ITV weren't in charge of the broadcasting from what I hear, they were at the mercy of the Brazilian TV corporation and as such the editing/coverage and overall quality was poor.

While the Brazilian TV company were supplying the below standard video feeds, it was ITV who were in control of their own presenters being on screen, and ITV actually cut away from the Post-Race Press Conference before Massa or Alonso had spoken and we instead had to listen to Mark Blundell talking about the race result.

They keep doing this after most races this year and it really annoys me.

Tiago
22nd October 2007, 18:45
FERRARI !!! :lol: