PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the new forum?

Stephen Coates
16th December 2006, 22:03
Whats your opinion of the new forum?

I like it, although it could do with a few more changes I think.

And I still prefer IPB.

But at least it is all under Harrison's control now which I'm sure will be much better.

J T
16th December 2006, 22:11
It's looking good to me! With the ongoing fine tuning and increasing numbers of users it will be great.

Puni/Void
16th December 2006, 22:50
This looks very, very promising. Good work, Harrison! Thumbs up!

J T
16th December 2006, 23:42
Yes, top marks to Harrison.

I'm liking this vB thang a lot already. More powerful than the IPB.

Stephen Coates
17th December 2006, 11:52
I'm sure this will be better than the old one.

In terms of the appearence, I still much prefer phpBB and IPB, but you are all correct, you can do alot more with vB.

Demon Cleaner
18th December 2006, 01:23
Looks good.

Demon Cleaner
19th December 2006, 14:25
I begin to like it more, as more features are available than on the old board. Hm? Cannot revise my vote anymore :huh:

Teho
19th December 2006, 15:21
This is definitely better, having more great features. And probably has a *working* search function too (though I haven't tested it yet)! :p

LowercaseE
20th December 2006, 23:31
I'm liking this a lot! Very nice job!

Demon Cleaner
20th December 2006, 23:33
And probably has a *working* search function too
Indeed, and it actually works fine :thumbs:

Stephen Coates
21st December 2006, 11:18
I think that thing on the front page of the forum is going to need some tweaking. It looks horribly squashed up at 1024x768, which as you said yourself harrison, is a very popular resolution.

Looks quite nice at 1280x1024 though.

Harrison
21st December 2006, 17:03
Thing on the front page? Do you mean the portal?

I just resized my browser to emulate a 1024.769 window (using the Dreamweaver Browser resize tools) and everything is fully usable and readable on the front page. The only content that is a little bit squashed is the list of recent topics. Is that the part you meant Steve?

The only option to expand that out wider on the front page would be to move all of the content in the right hand side over to the left hand side so that the centre content section has the extra space of the right hand side to expand across.

What does everyone else think of this?

I was actually tempted to shift around some of the content and was considering moving the search to the right hand side near the top.

Demon Cleaner
21st December 2006, 17:30
I don't know exactly which page he means, but I assume that it is the page you get when clicking on forum home. I like it the way it is, everything is visibly.

Stephen Coates
21st December 2006, 21:13
I am refering to the thing you get when you go to forum.classicamiga.info.

No idea what it's called.

v85rawdeal
21st December 2006, 22:38
I like the look, and am used to the forum interface as it is a very popular one. I can imagine that with a little bit of tweaking here and there it will look very nice indeed.

Just glad to have been invited.

Demon Cleaner
21st December 2006, 23:31
You're welcome mate. Always great to see some of the older members back.