PDA

View Full Version : Codename Hell Squad

Tiago
4th October 2007, 13:44
Hi,
i read the review about "Codename Hell Squad" it looks very good. But it says that needs a improved A1200.... standart A1200 is not enough for this game?

Harrison
4th October 2007, 15:21
Minimum system requirements are:

Workbench 1.3, 68000CPU, ECS/AGA chipset, 2MB Chip Ram + 1 MB Fast Ram, 2x CD-Rom drive.

Therefore it would even run on an A500 with an A570 drive and some fast ram! or an A2000 with a CD drive.

If it detects the AGA chipset, more ram and a faster CPU it will then utilise them and improve the game.

So for your A1200, you will need as a minimum some Fast ram and a CD drive to play the game.

I will add the minimum specs to the game page.

J T
8th October 2007, 17:01
Burns was into this game (writing a guide and what not) wasn't he?

So what's it all about?

Harrison
8th October 2007, 17:40
Indeed he was, and he has now given me permission to put his guide on classicamiga. So I'm converting it into a PDF guide with screenshots and will then be adding it. It was after I emailed him asking about the guide that he came back to the forum for a visit last week. :)

The game is an Adventure. If you have a look at the game entry on the main site here. (http://www.classicamiga.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1330&Itemid=96) There is a review by Burns which explains the game well. I've also now got a load of screenshots for the game and will be adding them to the page tonight.

Demon Cleaner
8th October 2007, 19:28
Why are there squares in the credit names? And why are their last names double and in brackets? Was that me? We should change that.

Harrison
8th October 2007, 19:53
Missing European characters. I'm trying to fix that. The brackets show the standard English spelling of the Name.

burns flipper
24th October 2007, 13:17
Yes, very good game. By the time it was finally released, I'd stopped using my Amiga, so I got it off eBay a few years ago.

I have no idea what it was about, I didn't read the manual, but it's essentially a point'n'click adventure where you control 4 marines on an alien planet, or possibly it's Earth invaded by aliens, who knows, anyhoo you start off in the ubiquitous crashed spacepod and have to navigate your way through to ...I don't know, some alien laboratory or something. I never really knew who I was or where I was or where I was going etc, and amazingly that didn't detract from the gameplay.

Great graphics - rotoscoped like in Flashback, lots of on-screen animation, flexibility of movement, some tricky bits, clever re-use of items, some funny dialogue and possibly swearing - got to love a game that swears. Loads of fun. And a big squiggly pink alien thing living in the ground. And a mysterious Native American sat alone who says "I'm only here to avoid the wife". Top-notch.

Harrison
24th October 2007, 13:47
I've so far only booted up the game for a quick look a couple of years ago via emulation and it definitely looked interesting. This is another one I have marked to play through properly when I get time... if that ever happens :lol:... so many games still to play.

I should be able to start on converting your guide into a PDF sometime next week, so hopefully it will be up on the site next week. :)