PDA

View Full Version : Whdload in Amiga 1200 help

Tiago
22nd September 2007, 14:50
Hi,

i was trying to install whdload in may A1200, but i cant.

first of all: i go to http://www.whdload.de/index.html

and what file should i download: ?

WHDLoad_usr.lha 1015036 Bytes created at 19.8.2007
WHDLoad_dev.lha 1863647 Bytes created at 19.8.2007
WHDLoad_16.8_usr.lzx 738440 Bytes created at 19.8.2007
WHDLoad_16.8_dev.lzx 1447537 Bytes created at 19.8.2007

???????
I tryed both lha files... i unpack themin PC i pass them to amiga thru pcmcia and copy the files to c and a error occur "unable to open tool 'installer' !!!!!

anyone knows what to do?
how do i install whdload in a real A1200 ?

Thank you

StuKeith
23rd September 2007, 21:57
That be the problem then. Using the pc to unpack them. I had sim issue with my stuff. something to do with the 8.3 file naming convention I think. as the miggy can use more than that or sim.

Just copy the LHA archive across then unpack on the miggy.

Tiago
24th September 2007, 07:44
The lha utility works the same way in Amigam and Pc?
In pc i do something like "lha x file.lha" in Amiga doesnt work. I am using the lha that comes with WB3.1. Should i get a new lha?

Harrison
24th September 2007, 11:49
I didn't think LHA was included as standard with WB3. I might be wrong. Try downloading the latest version of LHA from Aminet and see if that works on the Amiga.

TiredOfLife
24th September 2007, 17:17
99% certain LHA does not come with 3.0.
There is a self extracting version on Aminet.

Tiago
1st October 2007, 09:10
Help:

1) - I donwload file "lha_68020.lha" i pass it to A1200 (thru pcmcia) and place it in "C"
2) - I donwload file "WHDLoad_dev.lha" i pass it to A1200 (thru pcmcia) and place it in "C"
3) I run lha_68020.lha in A1200 in "C", i used "lha_68020.lha x WHDload_dev.lha" it decompress a lot of files.
4) i have now an icon for install, when i click it, it says:
"i cannot find your installer"
what a &%#$ is this? I did everything right, i think.....
what am i doing wrong ?????????????? Please !!!

TiredOfLife
1st October 2007, 12:08
You need the program "installer" in C.
If memory serves, the latest version is on Aminet.

Not really related but, you probably only need to install the usr version of WHD.

Tiago
1st October 2007, 12:10
You need the program "installer" in C.
If memory serves, the latest version is on Aminet.

Not really related but, you probably only need to install the usr version of WHD.

If i search for installer in aminet, i found many prograns, can you tell me witch one is it?
Thanks

TiredOfLife
1st October 2007, 12:18
Try InstallerNG

Tiago
2nd October 2007, 11:01
Try InstallerNG

why does my WB3.1 dont have a Installer ?? It should have right?

I went to aminet and download "InstallerNG"

After 5 guru erros.... i was able to install IntallerNG. Then
i install WHDLoad...more 2 guru errors and i was able to finnish the installation.

But.... i can see the WHDload file to work in CLI. What about an icon to work in graphical mode (non cli) ?? WHDload is only for CLI?

Harrison
2nd October 2007, 12:18
WHDLoad is the main application that sits on the system and allows non-HD installable games to work. You don't need to actually run the WHDLoad program itself. Once installed you then need to run the WHDLoad installers for the games you wish to install to your HD. These will use the copy of WHDLoad you now have installed.

And once you have installed a game it will normally have an icon to launch the game, found in the drawer/folder you installed the game in.

Tiago
2nd October 2007, 13:00
hummmmmm, i see, ok, so i have to try it then,
i will get some games for whdload.

Where can i find games for whdload? Do i still need the adf?
in www.whdload.com the install games available are the game itself or the slave file?

Sorry my english, i could not undestand right, the slave is a program that links the game files to whdload? But what game files, are we using adf or whdload uses other files?

So to install game XPTO do i need the XPTO.adf and the XPTO slave file?

Harrison
2nd October 2007, 13:09
For each game you wish to install, go to www.whdload.de and download the installer lha archive for that game. Extract the lha archive onto your HD where you want the game installed. Inside the extracted files should be an installer with a Workbench icon. Run this and it will ask you to insert the original game disks for the game and it will install the game to the HD for you.

Regarding ADFs. Most that are cracked games will not work with WHDLoad. You normally need original game disks for it to allow you to install the games. You could instead download a WHDLoad gamepack with already has the games setup ready to run.