PDA

View Full Version : Sport The Death of Colin McRae

Harrison
17th September 2007, 13:00
It was very sad news yesterday, hearing the news that the famous Rally driver Colin McRae, and his 5 year old son Johnny, were both killed in a helicopter crash.

Colin McRae is one of the greatest drivers of our generation and breathed new life into the Rally series, getting a lot more people interested in the sport over the years. He will be greatly missed.

My condolences go to Colin's family. He will be missed but never forgotten.

toomanymikes
17th September 2007, 13:18
Without a doubt one of the greatest sportsmen this country has produced, he revitalised Rally with his raw talent the same way Senna had with Formula 1. I will miss him.

J T
17th September 2007, 13:44
Yeah man, it's a shame. He had that little difference from others that made him stand out.

We seem to be hearing a lot about helicopters crashing recently.

Submeg
17th September 2007, 13:48
Oh what? That is very unexpected :( He was a legend.

Harrison
17th September 2007, 14:15
Prodrive boss Dave Richards was also involved in a helicopter crash yesterday, but luckily both he and his wife walked away uninjured. Very spooky considering Prodrive were Colin McRae's old Rally team!

Tiago
17th September 2007, 14:20
Great driver.
I spend many hours playing Colin McRae on computer.
It's a sad moment to motorsport

Sharingan
17th September 2007, 16:18
Yeah, I saw the news yesterday, and I was like ... "Huh? Must be a different Colin McRae." Then it turned out to be the man. Really unexpected, I hope the guy and his kid will rest in peace somewhere nice.

Demon Cleaner
17th September 2007, 20:39
Heard it in the news yesterday, very sad indeed. R.I.P.

v85rawdeal
19th September 2007, 10:35
Yeah, I saw the news yesterday, and I was like ... "Huh? Must be a different Colin McRae." Then it turned out to be the man. Really unexpected, I hope the guy and his kid will rest in peace somewhere nice.

He's probably doing laps around the go-cart track with Ayrton, cursing the fact that, for some reason, that Richard Hammond bloke isn't there!!!

He will be missed, in all areas of motorsport.