PDA

View Full Version : Help! Classicamiga fund raising

Harrison
14th September 2007, 16:18
Raising money for forum license

Our classicamiga vBulletin license is coming up for renewal very soon so I would like to ask for donations to help out with this. If possible I would like to try and raise enough money to pay for an Owned License rather than a Leased License.

An Owned License costs $160 (£80) and allows a site to run vBulletin indefinitely. In addition you get 1 years worth of free updates, after which each additional years worth of updates costs just $30. This would mean that once paid for we own the license and won't need to worry about it again.

In contrast a Leased License costs $85 (£43) and only allows a site to run vBulletin for one year including free updates. After the year ends you have to renew or remove the software. This is the current license I hold for classicamiga.

So if we can raise enough money to buy the Owned License it will guarantee this forum's future indefinitely.

Monthly Donations

In addition any further donations we receive help pay the hosting costs of the two classicamiga servers.

All Classicamiga costs are as follows:

The main Site's Dedicated Server, the Forum Server, domain registration costs and forum license costs total: £70 per month (£840 per year).

Along with myself, the classicamiga staff members are already donating to classicamiga each month to support the site and it's running costs. If any other members or visitors can make a small donation towards the vBulletin license costs that would help us out greatly, and if any of you can donate a small amount each month to help out with our on going running costs it would be very helpful and we would all be very grateful.

Please send any donations using the Paypal donations link found down the right-hand site of the main site's home page, or PM me for more details. Thank you in advance to everyone able to help us raise the money needed, and also to all those who are already helping.

Demon Cleaner
14th September 2007, 18:21
Btw, I always wanted to ask you if my monthly donation is still working? I see that every month the amount is removed from my account, but it would also be good if it arrives at the correct taker ;)

Puni/Void
14th September 2007, 21:10
You can count on me for support. I'll try to get a donation over tomorrow. :thumbs:

Harrison
14th September 2007, 22:14
Btw, I always wanted to ask you if my monthly donation is still working? I see that every month the amount is removed from my account, but it would also be good if it arrives at the correct taker ;)

Yes, mate. It is arriving safely each month. :) Thanks again for the on going donations. And the same goes to Teho who also donates each month. :thumbs:

And thank you PG for the donation. It is very much appreciated.

Stephen Coates
15th September 2007, 08:21
Donated £5.

I'll send a little more next month.

Harrison
15th September 2007, 09:57
Cheers Steve. Every little bit helps. :thumbs:

FOL
15th September 2007, 10:15
So, it would be better to purchase a licence instead of paying a monthly subscribtion?

v85rawdeal
15th September 2007, 12:55
Will 'wire' a donation to you asap.

I agree with the 'Owned' licence, as I think this software seems to work very well, and has a nice clean appearance.

If the ClassicAmiga staff are happy to stay with this software, then I think that we all benefet, and for that I am happy to donate.

Keep up the good work, guys.:thumbs:

Teho
16th September 2007, 08:14
Agree, an owned-license is definitely the way to go. This board software is better than anything I've encountered before, so why not stick with it. So I'm sending an additional donation to that end. :)

J T
16th September 2007, 10:23
Agree about the owned licence. I will donate some money when I get into work during the week :)

Sharingan
16th September 2007, 12:30
If it's possible to donate by wire transfer (directly to your bank account) instead of Paypal, I might be able to do something. Sorry, I'm not a fan of internet payment methods :)

toomanymikes
16th September 2007, 18:32
That sounds good nand you can count on me for a bob or two! PM me if you can set up a wire transfer - if not Ill arrange some alternative way to get some cash sent - Like Sharingan I'm not big on paying over the net after one too many ID theft scares!

Harrison
17th September 2007, 08:31
Thanks everyone for the donations so far. We have already managed to raise over half the money needed for the owned license. :thumbs:

Target: £80, Donations so far: £50.

Harrison
17th September 2007, 08:34
If it's possible to donate by wire transfer (directly to your bank account) instead of Paypal, I might be able to do something. Sorry, I'm not a fan of internet payment methods :)

That sounds good nand you can count on me for a bob or two! PM me if you can set up a wire transfer - if not Ill arrange some alternative way to get some cash sent - Like Sharingan I'm not big on paying over the net after one too many ID theft scares!

That would be great. I will look up the details required for a direct wire transfer and PM you the details.

Cheers again everyone :thumbs:

AlexJ
17th September 2007, 09:08
Just sent a little contribution over. Definitely makes sense to shell out a bit more now and save in the future.

Harrison
17th September 2007, 09:11
Thanks Alex. :)

Tiago
17th September 2007, 09:27
I will make a donation, but my credit card is on his limit, i need to wait to end of the month to cleer it, then i will be able to donate.

Harrison
17th September 2007, 09:31
Thanks Tiago. :)

Submeg
18th September 2007, 13:43
I shall get my dad to send you some cash, he has a paypal account, so that will be easiest

Harrison
18th September 2007, 14:09
Thanks Submeg :)

TiredOfLife
1st October 2007, 12:28
Got paid Friday so will PayPal you shortly.

Harrison
1st October 2007, 12:40
Great. Thank you.

And thanks to everyone who has donated so far. We are now very close to the purchase price of vBulletin, plus if I have any over when I need to renew the vB license at the end of October I will put it towards the server running costs.

Tiago
1st October 2007, 12:46
some more days and i'll be able to donate to.
Just need to pay my credit card. I'' do it after.

Harrison
1st October 2007, 12:49
That's great. Thanks. :)

Tiago
5th October 2007, 16:02
I donate 7£ with paypal today.
:)

Harrison
5th October 2007, 16:08
Thanks. :)

J T
8th October 2007, 15:44
I donated 10 sterlings just now.

Would've liked to give more but I'm pissing off to Australia for Christmas, so I'm a bit strapped for cash for other things right now.

Harrison
8th October 2007, 17:28
Thank you. Every little helps. :)

Sharingan
8th October 2007, 19:23
Will be ordering the bank to do a transfer one of these days ... haven't gotten around to it due to the hospital thingy looming over me.

Sharingan
1st November 2007, 12:30
Took a while to set up internet banking, but got it working finally. Better late than never, right?

Donated 14 GBP this time. Let's hope my bank won't charge me double that in bank costs ... bahaha.

Harrison
1st November 2007, 12:36
Thanks Sharingan. That is much appreciated.

We now have more than enough to buy the full vBulletin licence which comes up for renewal at the end of this month. :) Plus there should be enough over to cover a whole month's hosting costs too.

And thank you to everyone who has donated. :thumbs: It really has helped a lot and will guarantee we will continue for as long as you all enjoy being here. Classicamiga is as much your site as it is mine and I think we now have a great community.

AlexJ
1st November 2007, 12:57
Great news!

toomanymikes
2nd November 2007, 06:48
Fantastic news! Now you defo cant get rid of me!

Demon Cleaner
2nd November 2007, 19:55
Glad to hear :thumbs:

TiredOfLife
2nd December 2007, 22:34
Finally sorted out some time to make a donation.
Bit of a saga with PayPal but that is another story.

Harrison
2nd December 2007, 23:05
Thanks mate. Very much appreciated. :thumbs:

Puni/Void
5th December 2007, 20:50
New donation has been made! :) Merry Christmas! :xmasbanana:

Harrison
5th December 2007, 22:26
That's great. Thank you mate. :thumbs:

Buleste
6th December 2007, 14:51
Just made a donation. Sorry it's so small (god i'm sick of saying that.) but money's a bit tight at the moment. Hope it helps.

Harrison
6th December 2007, 15:47
Every little helps. Thank you.

Harrison
8th December 2007, 02:58
As an additional thank you to everyone who has donated to classicamiga I have now updated the Donators list on the main site here (http://www.classicamiga.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,usersList/listid,6/Itemid,158/).

Sorry if I have missed anyone out from this list. Please let me know and I will add you to the list asap.

v85rawdeal
8th December 2007, 14:51
Just looked at the list and noticed that I became a member on my birthday... strange, eh?

Sharingan
8th December 2007, 17:17
Sorry if I have missed anyone out from this list. Please let me know and I will add you to the list asap.

Surely, you should be on that list too?

Tiago
9th December 2007, 13:16
i donate 5 Pounds,
not much.... but i am from Portugal :lol: