PDA

View Full Version : New laws by the common man

v85rawdeal
12th September 2007, 16:58
If you could make up any law, with no questions asked and everyone would go along with it, what would it be? http://www.myresistance.net/smf/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

Mine would be: All new TVs must come complete with an Amiga A1200

Harrison
12th September 2007, 17:09
Great first law. :thumbs:

How about: Every citizen is required to play video games for a minimum of 2 hours per week.

toomanymikes
12th September 2007, 21:17
Any objection to video gaming when hollyoaks or big brother is on will be liable to a £50 fine

Submeg
12th September 2007, 22:33
All assignments done by anyone with the name Submeg must be given full marks :thumbs:

TiredOfLife
12th September 2007, 23:13
Just don't get me started ok?
You don't have enough space on the server for me to add to this topic.

Harrison
12th September 2007, 23:19
Any objection to video gaming when hollyoaks or big brother is on will be liable to a £50 fine

Best one yet. I can completely relate to that one. :thumbs:

I've actually been thinking of starting a "ban reality shows" petition as I hate them!

v85rawdeal
15th November 2007, 20:40
Just thought of a new law.

"Microsoft must buy everybody who gets the 'Ring of Death' on the 360 a PS3 as an apology!"

Submeg
15th November 2007, 20:43
That is a sweet law. :cool:

Sharingan
15th November 2007, 21:03
Classicamiga members are exempt from paying taxes.

Think of how much of our money goes to the state. Imagine if you could spend all of that on productive stuff instead. Like booze and games.

Ghost
15th November 2007, 21:26
Hmm, well no funny law ideas yet, but I would enjoy this one for now.

"When prices are raised, incomes are too."

Buleste
16th November 2007, 06:54
How about women are not allowed to nag if you are gaming and not paying attention to them unless they're naked (mum's not included).

Stephen Coates
16th November 2007, 07:54
How about People who watch reality TV programmes should be fined

Not really sure how much though. Would be quite good as you end up hearing about them on the news all the time which is annoying. And they can interfere with the regular TV shedules.

Demon Cleaner
16th November 2007, 07:58
Any individual spelling awesome "awsome" should be banned.

This is an anti-flaming post.

Stephen Coates
16th November 2007, 08:03
On the subject of spelling, how about people who miss the ue of the end of analogue, and the u out of colour, as well as others. I think those people ought to have compulsary english lessons.

Demon Cleaner
16th November 2007, 08:07
I think that the american write color and not colour, same with a lot of words like parlor/parlour or armor/armour. Both are correct. And you can even write analog without ue.

Submeg
16th November 2007, 08:27
How about women are not allowed to nag if you are gaming and not paying attention to them unless they're naked (mum's not included).

Here here!!:yesyes:

Tiago
16th November 2007, 08:40
VERY IMPORTANT LAW:

All people must work during the weekend, (Saturday and Sunday)
All people must rest during the week days, (Sunday to Friday).

During the week:
- Monday must be for: doing nothing

- Thursday must be for: Playing Amiga

- Wednesday must be for: Drink beer with friends

- Thursday must be for: same as Monday or Thursday or even Wednesday

- Friday must be for: whatever you want to do, except work

Submeg
16th November 2007, 11:27
Interesting law...maybe I should suggest this to my local MP....

Harrison
16th November 2007, 14:19
On the subject of spelling, how about people who miss the ue of the end of analogue, and the u out of colour, as well as others. I think those people ought to have compulsary english lessons.

I think that the american write color and not colour, same with a lot of words like parlor/parlour or armor/armour. Both are correct. And you can even write analog without ue.

Being British this is something that sometimes annoys me, but when you actually investigate the reasons behind the spelling differences between English and American versions of words it is a little more complex.

It is quite hard to believe that only a couple of hundred years ago written language spelling wasn't standardised and scholars such as Webster were trying to create a universal dictionary to standardise the spelling of words. The reasons for differences between the spelling of certain works is down to how the standardisation of words was agreed in each country.

It is also interesting to learn that the -our of English words actually derives from Norman Anglo-French origin, after their occupation of England. And the -or versions were actually the original way words were often spelt prior to this.

You can read lots more about this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences