PDA

View Full Version : AMD with ATI, what abou Intel notebook with intel shipset?

Tiago
12th September 2007, 16:11
Hi
AMD now have ATI.

I have one Asus A6VA with a ATI X700 with intel shipset... now what?
Where can i get new drivers for it if ATI is AMD? :mad:

ATI INTEL is over, so what acn i do now?

Demon Cleaner
12th September 2007, 16:20
Do you mean drivers for the graphics card? I'm sure that ATI will still release new drivers, if the card will still be supported. Are you using the Catalyst drivers?

Oh, and btw, it's chipset ;) otherwise you would flood your laptop :lol:

Tiago
12th September 2007, 16:27
Do you mean drivers for the graphics card? I'm sure that ATI will still release new drivers, if the card will still be supported. Are you using the Catalyst drivers?

Oh, and btw, it's chipset ;) otherwise you would flood your laptop :lol:

I dont download drivers long time a go... :whistle:
but i read that ATI was bought by AMD .... if you go to ati.com it will redirect you to AMD.... i have Intel...

there is a driver is there website ...but should it work with Intel?
Download Link File Size Version Date Posted Package Includes
Display Driver 14.6MB 7.9 9/10/2007 Display Driver Only

Demon Cleaner
12th September 2007, 16:39
But ATI graphic cards are still supported, whether they are on Intel or AMD boards. The driver is only for the GPU.

The driver you listed will work, but I would recommend to d/l the whole Catalyst Software Suite which gives you a lot more options.

v85rawdeal
12th September 2007, 16:41
Click here (https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/gamesite/7-9_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_52443.exe)for the latest software.

Tiago
12th September 2007, 16:42
But ATI graphic cards are still supported, whether they are on Intel or AMD boards. The driver is only for the GPU.

The driver you listed will work, but I would recommend to d/l the whole Catalyst Software Suite which gives you a lot more options.

Hum, i will try,
But dont you think they will do drivers having in mind the AMD processor?
I will try to install these ones.

Harrison
12th September 2007, 17:06
Hang on.

You have an Intel Chipset, but that is the motherboard chipset? correct?

If so then the motherboard chipset and the graphics card are not related. You can still download the latest ATi Catalyst drivers for the graphics card from ATi/AMD, and the latest Intel chipset drivers for your motherboard from the manufacturer of your PC.

It doesn't matter what make chipset and graphics card are. You can mix them.