PDA

View Full Version : Tea, coffee or juice

toomanymikes
12th September 2007, 14:14
All of Harrisons polls this morning had a breakfasty sort of theme to them, which got me thinking what do you drink first thing in the morning? I dosent have to be with breakfast, it could be when you get to work or with a snack - just the first drink you have in the day.

Mine would be water cos i dont drink anything with breakfast but have a glass of water when i arrive at the office.

If anyone says beer i want your job!

Puni/Void
12th September 2007, 14:18
I always have a glass of juice in the morning with my breakfast. Afterwards it's coffee all the way until lunch. ;)

v85rawdeal
12th September 2007, 14:19
Normally it is water, or the first drink that is available to me when I get up. That itself depends on whether I have a bottle of fizzy pop beside the bed at night.

So today, I had some water in the morning, but yesterday it was some shandy and the day before it was probably a Frijj shake (the Brownie flavoured one).

A few years ago, my breakfast would have consisted of the previous night's already-digested kebab and half-a-bottle of Thunderbird.

I guess my diet has improved... a bit!

Teho
12th September 2007, 14:30
A glass of water for me too, first thing when I get up. Then it's coffee after that.

J T
12th September 2007, 14:57
I always take a glass of water with me to bed. In fact, it's become such a habit that I get a little bit agitated if for some reason I can't (say at someone else's house, camping, a hotel or something).

It doesn't all get drunk of course, and so very often I'll have some of that water in the morning too. Then juice (orange/apple) or a coffee. Sometimes Lemonade :ninja:

Sharingan
12th September 2007, 15:07
Usually milk, sometimes tea. The rest of the day, I drink water and some tea. I used to drink quite a bit of coffee during weekdays, but decided to quit since it gave me headaches in weekends.

Puni/Void
12th September 2007, 15:11
Maybe the reason you got headaches in the weekends after drinking it monday to friday, was caffein-abstinence? I'll probably get the same if I suddenly stop drinking coffee for a couple of days.

Demon Cleaner
12th September 2007, 15:17
I have many problems with my stomach, and it doesn't like such things, especially in the early morning minutes. My stomach will mostly hurt if I drink milk, coffee or juice, so I just drink coke, sprite or water, which is fine with my stomach.

Some people ask me how I can drink cola when I wake up, but I have no problems with that, I could even drink beer, my stomach doesn't care (eventually that could be the practice ;)).

Harrison
12th September 2007, 15:18
It is always a strong black coffee first thing before anything else for me. I can't function without one.

I have reduced the amount of coffee I'm drinking for the rest of the day though. I used to drink coffee all day, but thought it was getting a bit unhealthy, so now I have a coffee when i wake up and then tend to drink glasses of water throughout the day, with maybe one coffee lunchtime or in the afternoon.

Demon Cleaner
12th September 2007, 15:20
If I drink coffee now, I run immediately to the toilet. Same with ice cold milk. Strange that it doesn't happen with ice cold cola.

Harrison
12th September 2007, 15:20
I would have thought that drinking coke when you first wake up would be much worse than anything else if you have problems with your stomach. Just think of all the extra acid it must introduce into your system. Early onset of a stomach ulcer!

Sharingan
12th September 2007, 15:21
Maybe the reason you got headaches in the weekends after drinking it monday to friday, was caffein-abstinence? I'll probably get the same if I suddenly stop drinking coffee for a couple of days.

Yeah, it was definitely caffeine abstinence related, because the headaches went away as soon as I stopped drinking coffee. The aches would come back when I drank anything else that had caffeine in it - Coke, for example.

Demon Cleaner
12th September 2007, 15:28
I would have thought that drinking coke when you first wake up would be much worse than anything else if you have problems with your stomach.That's what most people think, but in my case, it's different. I have a stomach hernia, that's why I take Dakar30 pills every day since already 12 years, because of the gastric acid. That's why juice and milk are very harmful for my stomach, but cola isn't.

Harrison
12th September 2007, 15:30
Good excuse to drink beer. ;)

Demon Cleaner
12th September 2007, 15:33
Beer is fine, sometimes I'm having problems with cider though, but which seems quite normal. Also champagne and white wine are acid producers.

TiredOfLife
12th September 2007, 23:00
Water 1st thing in the morning?
There are some sick puppies here.
I have to build upto water.
Good few mugs of coffee to put a lining on my stomach before I can build myself up to drinking water.

J T
13th September 2007, 19:48
*Hi-five to DC*

I can also drink Coke anytime.

I love Coke.

FOL
13th September 2007, 20:16
TEA, all the way.

Submeg
13th September 2007, 22:12
Hmm, I say juice. But talking about drinking in a general sense....

I can no longer drink:
* Sprite
* Fanta
* Lift
* anything with a large about of bubbles

Both of my parents get reflux and intergestion, and if I drink drinks that are extremely fizzy, then I have heartburn for about an hour. :(

Harrison
13th September 2007, 23:42
I used to drink a lot of fizzy drinks. Ice cold Tango and Fanta especially, and also diet Pepsi (I can't stand full fat coke/pepsi, too much sugar), but recently I decided it can't be good for me so I stopped drinking fizzy drinks regularly and just have them sometimes.

Since doing that my Asthma has been much better so it was definitely having a bad effect on me in that regard. There is also the danger of tooth decay through drinking too much fizzy drink too, even when it's diet, as the actually fizzy nature of the drinks can damage your teeth over time.

And it can also damage your heart! A guy I used to work with can't drink any fizzy drinks any more because he was basically living on coke for a few years as a programmer working all hours and damaged his heart because of it.

I'm also sure that alcohol, especially wine and spirits, effect my asthma, but that isn't going to stop me drinking them! ;)

Demon Cleaner
14th September 2007, 12:15
but that isn't going to stop me drinking them!A man, a word.

toomanymikes
14th September 2007, 12:51
I dont really drink a lot of fizzy jiuce because I used to go out with a dental nurse and she used to give me hell every time I had coke because of what it does to your teeth. Recently tho I have become addicted to Irn Bru - I used to hate the stuff but now I think its ace. Surely it contains chemicals to make you addicted- Anyone else's life dependant on this stuff?

Demon Cleaner
14th September 2007, 15:52
What the ??? I don't know that, don't even know how to spell :huh2:

J T
14th September 2007, 16:10
Irn Bru is ace, as is Tizer.

Recently I had a Vimto, not had one for ages. It was special.

Harrison
14th September 2007, 16:23
Vimto is great, although it has to be cold or it doesn't taste good. I've not had Tizer in years. Used to love that.

I've never really been a fan of Irn Bru, or Red Bull. I think both contain similar addictive ingredients as I know lots of people at uni who were addictive to both.

Demon Cleaner
14th September 2007, 18:19
I don't drink energizer drinks at all, Red Bull just tastes so sweet, I can't even smell it :thumbsdown2:

Stephen Coates
15th September 2007, 08:27
I have orange juice when i first wake up.

I can have coke, or coffee, depending on what's avaliable, but I prefer orange. Then half an hour or so later, I like coffee.

I like a cup of coffee with my corn flakes. If I had toast or similar for breakfast then I would have to have coke with that.

Harrison
15th September 2007, 10:05
Has anyone tried Coffee Pepsi? I tried it a few months ago purely by accident. I was in a rush to go into the cinema and wanted to take a drink in with me so just grabbed a coke from the shelf and didn't really look at the label closely until I had opened in in the cinema and taken a swig. It had very small writing under the main Pepsi Max logo saying coffee, and on a 500 ml bottle it was hard to notice.

It was also quite nice, with a hint of vanilla as well as cappuccino, but that flavour was not too strong and the main Pepsi taste was still there. I've not seen it for sale in any shops since though and read somewhere that it has mainly been sold in India, not Europe.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/104359223_4c9af8ce07.jpg?v=0

Stephen Coates
15th September 2007, 12:59
Hmmm, I think I will stick to normal Coca Cola.

v85rawdeal
15th September 2007, 13:01

So are the Vimto chews!!! They ARE sooooo special:yesyes:

FOL
15th September 2007, 19:09

So are the Vimto chews!!! They ARE sooooo special:yesyes:

They are nice. ;)

J T
16th September 2007, 10:28
Vimto-chews, eh?

*to the tax-mobile*

Also, coffee flavouring is gross in anything other than coffee (obv). I hate coffee chocolates, cake, etc. Funnily enough, we had this coffee flavouring discussion at work just the other day.

FOL
16th September 2007, 14:42
Vimto-chews, eh?

*to the tax-mobile*

Also, coffee flavouring is gross in anything other than coffee (obv). I hate coffee chocolates, cake, etc. Funnily enough, we had this coffee flavouring discussion at work just the other day.

bah!!!, coffee chocolates rule, ;)

Stephen Coates
17th September 2007, 08:54
I like coffe chocolates.

Harrison
17th September 2007, 09:59
Coffee chocolates are great, as is coffee milkshake.

I've not heard of Vimto chews. Will have to track some down.

v85rawdeal
17th September 2007, 10:59
Vimto bonbons are also 'to die for' :yesyes:

Asbolutely lovely, :shhh: (don't tell anyone but they are available from Farm Foods)

Harrison
17th September 2007, 11:11
Great. I will have to try them. :)

Something else I discovered recently was Bassett's Aniseed Imperials. Those are really nice. But unlike Mint Imperials that are quite hard, the Aniseed ones are softer like Softmints and are really nice.

v85rawdeal
17th September 2007, 12:38
Oh yes, I remember them. There was a shop near mine that was selling them for 10p per pack (they hadn't been selling)... Well.... After i saw that, they still weren't selling ('cos I had bought the whole box :))

Buleste
18th January 2008, 18:18
I have to have coffee thats strong enough to sit up and beg all through the day because i spend all my nights trying to think up something witty so i can beat v85rawdeal to poster of the month.

sarek2k
18th January 2008, 18:23
I love Tea i made my first brew when i was 3 :D now i need 2 maybe 3 before i can do anything ;)

has to be decent Tbags too Tetley rock :lol:

khaxzan
9th August 2008, 22:19
Tea!

my_lo
10th August 2008, 08:46
The first thing i do is to do my zombie walk to the kitchen table and eat my cereals with cold milk, then i eat a yahourt and go to work. At the office, i drink water until lunch and then i drink an orange juice while eating my sandwiches.
Sometimes i make my lunchtime shine a bit and i go to buy a sandwich at the snack, if so i drink a coke light. I barely drink coffee except during the week-end but this is most likely a decafeinated... If i drink normal coffee (with cafeine), i get in a weird state like drunk and excited together. It last for a few hours but then i feel like burned out and i could go back to bed. During winter i drink a tea when i arrive at the office, to warm up...
Soon (the 26th of august), my office moves to a brand new tower where the woman who was selling her horrible coffee (some sort of cold black soup) will be replaced by machines with several different flavours... I guess i'll drink more decafs by then...

woody.cool
10th August 2008, 12:13
Tea

Graham Humphrey
10th August 2008, 13:15
Juice - for some reason I only ever drink tea at work, never at home...

J T
4th January 2012, 02:49
I really do love Coke (Pepsi is OK too) but I heard that a friend of mine was given Coke as a baby... in a baby bottle (yes, with the teat)... WTF! Even I would draw the line well before that, personally I think that is appalling.

Harrison
4th January 2012, 15:10
That definitely isn't good. Even real fruit juice shouldn't be given to babies.

Puni/Void
15th January 2012, 07:25
They gave Coke to their baby? That is not good at all.. :(

I'm still a drinker of coffee. Excellent stuff. We bought a new coffee-maker the other day and we can feel the difference in taste. The old was not working properly, as it had to be held together with tape.. ;)

Andrew1971
15th January 2012, 11:55
I have the good stuff and lots of it tea. only time i have coffee is when i getting a headache;)

MadAngus
16th January 2012, 18:19
Tea by the gallon. Tetley tea bags, I'm as common as muck.:D

DonAmiga
18th January 2012, 21:09
Yes I'll have a cup o tea, milk and one sugar :)