PDA

View Full Version : What type of milk do you like?

Harrison
12th September 2007, 09:54
What type of milk do you like drinking? And Why?

I tend to drink Semi-Skimmed mostly as it's not as creamy and rich as full fat milk, but still tastes like milk and not white water.

J T
12th September 2007, 10:19
Either full fat or semi. Not too keen on the really creamy full fat, though. We buy that filtered Cravendale stuff from the supermarket. It's lovely.

I hate skimmed, it's all thin and watery. Unfortunately it's the one my wife was brought up with. So semi is the sort of compromise.

Harrison
12th September 2007, 10:26
Cravendale is really nice. How to that make it taste so much better than any other milk?

v85rawdeal
12th September 2007, 10:33
Cravendale semi-skimmed milk is for me. I find I get sick on full-cream milk, and skimmed milk is just a poor man's substitute for breast milk :whistle:...

...Did I just say that???

Oops...er... forget the last bit, ok...

Sharingan
12th September 2007, 12:08
I drink only skimmed milk. I highly dislike the creamy taste of full-fat milk ... it makes me throw up. Guess I'm weird :)

toomanymikes
12th September 2007, 12:10
Semi skimmed. Gotta watch the figure but i dont like white water!

Stephen Coates
12th September 2007, 13:34
Whole milk.

I always used to have whole milk, back in the days when we had it delivered by the milk man, but then I stopped having it on my breakfast and my mum went on a diet and for many years we just had skimmed milk, and I just kind of got used to it. Howveer for the last few years I have always been having cream n my coffee (and I drink a lot of coffee) and decided that it might be an idea to switch to milk, so i started buying whole milk. I don't like skimmed milk in coffee. Whole milk is also much nicer in hot chocolate.

After going for a few weeks with whole milk, I ran out and had to have skimmed in my hot chocolate and I wan't too pleased wiith the result. It looked way too watery and didn't taste as good.

I will happily have semi skimmed if that is all that is avaliable. It's fine in coffee but whole is better.

Tiago
12th September 2007, 13:37
Did you ever drink fresh milk? 2 minutes after leaving cow tit?
It's heavy stuff, it's more yellow then white with a strong flavor, very flat liquid.
Last time i did it, was +/- 2 years ago, a friend of mine has cows and i drink it really fresh!! quite difficult to like it, very strong.

Demon Cleaner
12th September 2007, 13:49
Whole milk, if I drink milk, which happens once a year.

J T
12th September 2007, 14:25
Did you ever drink fresh milk? 2 minutes after leaving cow tit?
It's heavy stuff, it's more yellow then white with a strong flavor, very flat liquid.
Last time i did it, was +/- 2 years ago, a friend of mine has cows and i drink it really fresh!! quite difficult to like it, very strong.

I never have, and after reading that I am even less likely than before to ever try it. Sounds pretty gross.

Puni/Void
12th September 2007, 15:12
Semi-skimmed milk all the way! :thumbs:

Harrison
12th September 2007, 15:41
I've tried very fresh milk straight from the cow once a long time ago and didn't like it much. The first thing that puts you off is the strong smell, then the fact that unlike the nice filtered chilled milk, fresh milk is quite warm! And as said very strong tasting.

Rebb/TRSI
12th September 2007, 17:19
Organic milk, with coffee :) I usually buy organic stuff anyway, if possible (means not too pricey).

TiredOfLife
12th September 2007, 23:09
Only drink full taste milk.
The semi skimmed stuff tastes like full taste milk that has gone off.
Wouldn't attempt skimmed.

Submeg
24th February 2008, 09:14
Full all the way.....skim is nasty like hell

Buleste
24th February 2008, 09:32
Unfortunatley due to women i've been on Semi skimmed so long that if i even look at normal milk i get heartburn. But as my bones are so brittle I couldn't pick up a bottle anyway.;)

Submeg
24th February 2008, 09:35
So if I threw a feather at you, you would crumble?

Buleste
24th February 2008, 10:47
Like the white cliffs of Dover. Which is ironic as the White cliffs are made of Calcium (albiet Calcium Carbonate).

Submeg
24th February 2008, 11:05
Haha, excellent. Remember kids, if you ever seen someone carrying a feather, duck and cover!

sarek2k
24th February 2008, 20:30
I agree with Stephen Coates everything he said in his post is similar to my opion of milk i like full fat cream milk, but have had the others in the past for quite a long while when i came back to full fat milk i couldnt believe how good it tasted (for me anyway)

Anyone remeber the old days when you'd get a proper glass bottle of milk with all that loverly cream at the top it's just not the same from the super market!

Buleste
24th February 2008, 20:58
We still get ours delivered by the milkman so all we get are loverly bottles (although as stated in a previous post semi skimmed i'm afraid).

Harrison
25th February 2008, 07:21
We recently started getting milk in bottles from the milkman again. Semi-skimmed again though, so no cream at the top of the bottle... but even the full fat milk from the milkman isn't the same as it used to be. Who remembers the older taller milk bottles with the longer necks? Those used to have about a 1/4 cream at the top of the bottle. I always remember my dad taking the cream off the top for his breakfast.

Stephen Coates
25th February 2008, 09:12
I remember getting the milk from the milk man and taking the cream off. That was much better than the big plastic bottles from the supermarket which we have now.

The problem wih having milk delivered was that it was often delivered too late and might have also been too expensive (but I didn't pay for it so I don't know). We must have stopped having it delivered about 1998 ish.

I would gladly have it come in glass bottles again, but I'm not sure if we even have a milkman round here. I havn't seen one.

Harrison
25th February 2008, 11:00
There do seem to be a lot of milk rounds starting up again recently. My parents used to always have a milkman, but he then gave up the round and no one else took it over. But a couple of years ago a new milkman came around and they thought it would be good to support him, so buy milk even though it is cheaper in the supermarket.

And when my fiancée moved into her new house a new milkman offered his "services" to the row of new houses, so she now has milk, in glass bottles, from him.

Buleste
25th February 2008, 12:19
Personally i think everyone should use the milkman because in many ways it is so much more environmentally friendly than the supermarkets plus the less people that buy in supermarkets means that hopefully more money will go to the farmers who at the moment are being screwed by the supermarkets and when the farmers go, the british countryside will just become a huge building site if the goevernment has it's way.