PDA

View Full Version : Oatibix or Weetabix?

Harrison
12th September 2007, 09:47
Which do you prefer?

Demon Cleaner
12th September 2007, 10:43
That's now very popular here in the EU besides the UK, so I never had both of them. I know the name Weetabix, but the other one :no: But anway, I don't like such stuff.

Tiago
12th September 2007, 10:59
Sorry but what is that? By the name i think it's food ...? breakfast?

Demon Cleaner
12th September 2007, 11:15
Have a look at Wikipedia.

toomanymikes
12th September 2007, 11:28
I actally had oatibix this morning. The best ones are the bite size - the bigger ones just turn into cold porridge after 2 minutes of sitting in the milk.

Sharingan
12th September 2007, 12:10
Yuck, man. Just ... yuck. Bread for breakfast, solely. Or cornflakes.

J T
12th September 2007, 12:36
Quite like Weetabix (with plenty of sugar) but not tried Oatibix.

Although of late I've been just skipping breakfast altogether (yes, I know it's very bad).

v85rawdeal
12th September 2007, 12:38
That is all far too healthy for me. My breakfast (if I remember to have one) is usually cheesy-beans on toast, with chilli sauce as a garnish.

Might have to start adding peppers into the mix as one of my five-a-day...

Stephen Coates
12th September 2007, 13:29
I have never had Otibix, so I selected Weatabix. I like it with lots of sugar.

But normally I have Crunchy Nut :). I have only started eating breakfast regulaly recently. Since I got back from my holiday in fact. When I was on holiday we all had breakfast (cerial) first thing in the morning and I quite liked it. In the past, I usually only had breakfast when I had to go to school, and that was just either toast or crumpets. I now normally save those for lunch.

Demon Cleaner
12th September 2007, 14:02
I never have breakfast, I'm eating a sandwich when I'm at work, even with a hamburger on it, hm, best thing for 7AM.

I was never a fan of flakes or other sweet stuff in the morning. But sometimes I also go to a bakery and get some croissants, but rarely.

When I was in the UK in 1982, with my soccer team, we were divided into different families for 5 days. Every morning when having breakfast, they had at least 15 different sorts of flakes, eggs, bacon and all that stuff. The problem is, that they (you) eat differently (or was it only like that in the past), they didn't have lunch, only dinner. I (we) have the habit to have a good lunch, but in the UK, they don't (didn't) eat at all, only in the morning and in the evening, which I didn't understand at that time. Instead the had 20 cups of tea with milk :blink:

AlexJ
12th September 2007, 14:44
Weetabix with milkshake (I hate the taste of milk)

Harrison
12th September 2007, 15:11
The problem is, that they (you) eat differently (or was it only like that in the past), they didn't have lunch, only dinner. I (we) have the habit to have a good lunch, but in the UK, they don't (didn't) eat at all, only in the morning and in the evening, which I didn't understand at that time. Instead the had 20 cups of tea with milk :blink:

That's not normal. Most people have breakfast, lunch and dinner. With people working in the day mostly having sandwiches for lunch and then a proper meal for dinner. Some people miss out lunch, but that isn't how most of us do it.

I sometimes miss out breakfast if I've worked really late the night before so haven't got up until about 9, so then just wait until lunch time.

Back to Oatibix. I always really liked Weetabix, and when I first tried Oatibix I didn't like it that much, but as I had bought a whole box I had to use it up. Then when I went back to Weetabix I didn't like that at all so now eat Oatibix and really like it. If you like porridge you should like it. You could even heat the milk up for a similar effect if you liked.

TiredOfLife
12th September 2007, 23:20
Never heard of Oatabix, so will have to try it.
Love Weetabix.
Can't eat breakfast 1st thing in the morning, so only have Weetabix when I am off work.
Whem I am in work, at about ten I have a Muller rice, a biscuit and a packet of crisps.

Stephen Coates
18th November 2007, 17:32
I was just reading this topic, and I'm sure I smelt weetabix for a fraction of a second. Odd. Although I did have one for breakfast this morning.

v85rawdeal
18th November 2007, 17:44
Wind?

Submeg
18th November 2007, 19:35
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/Submeg/fart.gif

Harrison
12th February 2008, 17:00
I was just reading this topic, and I'm sure I smelt weetabix for a fraction of a second. Odd. Although I did have one for breakfast this morning.

Yeast infection?