PDA

View Full Version : New slim PSP & firmware

Demon Cleaner
10th September 2007, 16:32
FOL? Do you have any news? I only saw something at maxconsole:

Jump for Joy! Team M33 has put up a notice on their official website that PSP Slim fimrware v3.6 for the PSP is coming soon. Boy that was quick!!! In related news Team M-33 has also released a new popsloader, a plugin that lets the M33 custom firmware load every pops from older firmwares such as 3.51 M33, 3.52 M33... and the UPCOMING v3.60 M33 for psp Slim.

But I also read, that it won't be possible to get 1.50 running on the new PSP model.

Harrison
10th September 2007, 16:55
But, is the custom firmware going to just be based on the PSP slim fw3.6 for use on a normal PSP? Or will it be a custom version that can be installed on a PSP slim? I hope that is the case.

That will be annoying if FW1.5 won't be possible on the new slim PSP as most downgrade/custom firmware installations use this method. They must therefore be developing a different way to switch to a custom firmware for 3.6. But with a custom firmware 1.5 isn't really needed anyway once you are on a custom firmware so its not really that big an issue as long as there is another method found.

AlexJ
10th September 2007, 17:29
I wonder if it will be a similar restriction as on the TA-86 motherboards to stop 1.5 being run (which is of course patchable). Doesn't Pandora's battery service mode bypass the need to go to 1.5 anyway, and if so will that method work on the new slim PSP?

Harrison
10th September 2007, 18:03
The Pandora's battery installs a cut down limited version of 1.5 when it's used, so I'm not sure if that will work either. But like you say, if it can be patched like the later motherboard revisions than that will be a way around the issue.

Demon Cleaner
10th September 2007, 22:00
I just read that the 1.5 kernel is no longer supported on the slim one.

EDIT: And here it comes, the first custom firmware release for the slim PSP.

PSP Slim Security defeated in record time - M33 PSP Custom Firmware v3.6 RELEASED!!!

It didn't take Team M33 long did it now? Just FIVE days after the Official European release of the PSP Slim & Lite, M33 have released custom PSP firmware v3.6! Moreover, this release confirms Pandora's Battery can be fully compatible with the new PSP Slim & Lite! Sony will have to try harder than that to 'protect' their system from avid homebrew fans! Please help spread the word and DIGG THIS!!!

Maxconsole link (http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20621)

Harrison
11th September 2007, 00:16
Very nice work from the M33 team. :)

Demon Cleaner
11th September 2007, 00:49
I think it's a challenge for them, that's why they try to release it as fast as possible, and of course it's for our good.

Harrison
11th September 2007, 00:55
Very true. And don't forget that many of the hackers/developers who were working individually have now also formed a big network so they can pool resources and work together, which speeds everything up. Look at the number of well known PSP hackers that were involved in the Pandora project for example.

FOL
12th September 2007, 00:05
Apparently, its using exploits in 2.xx updates, as 1.50 is incompatable. Be nice to know if PSPUAE works on it.

Im still not sure wther to buy or not to buy, as I already have a PSP, be a waste to buy a new 1, :(