PDA

View Full Version : Original amiga games -> i will Scan

Tiago
7th September 2007, 10:24
Hi

I just received 3 original games i bought in Ebay :p

Syndicate - big box with manual
Terrorpods - small box with manual and map
Elite II Frontier - big Box with 3 manuals and full system map (quite big)

I will receive next week

R-Type (it cost 0.99£ :D)
Microprose Formula 1 Grand Prix

Harrison,
- do you want the manual for Syndicate it's not in the site... i can scan
- do you want full system map of Elite II Frontier? it is more then 70x70 cm, i cam scan multiple times...

Demon Cleaner
7th September 2007, 10:29
- do you want the manual for Syndicate it's not in the site... i can scan
- do you want full system map of Elite II Frontier? it is more then 70x70 cm, i cam scan multiple times...Of course, we are always happy to get some stuff scanned. A map of Elite II is also nice to have on the site.

Harrison
7th September 2007, 10:49
Yes, that would be great. Anything missing from the site is very welcome. :thumbs:

Tiago
7th September 2007, 10:52
Ok then, i will scan them this weekend.
syndicate manual, has +/- 10/15 pages.
Frontier system map, it's quite big, i'll have to scan +/-10 times, i'll name the files from left to right and up to down so anyone can build the map after download.

Harrison
7th September 2007, 10:55
Great. Thanks for doing that. I will join the map up once I receive it. :)

I did have a full scan of the whole map a few years ago and did start to join it up but have since lost the file. Not sure where it went. One thing I've also always wanted to do is recreate the complete 3D in game star map system in flash! Now that would be cool.

Demon Cleaner
7th September 2007, 11:54
One thing I've also always wanted to do is recreate the complete 3D in game star map system in flash! Now that would be cool.Don't overtake yourself ;) Would indeed be much more than only nice.

Harrison
7th September 2007, 12:27
The only problem with this idea is how to get hold of all the location and geometry information from the game with locations and coordinates. It is only an idea though as I think it would end up being too complex for Flash to run smoothly. Also it would never be as good as the actual in game 3D map.

One thing I always used to think was really cool was that you could zoom right into the 3D map and actually view the space stations orbiting planets within the map. So much attention to detail in the game. PLEASE MAKE ELITE 3 someone!!!

AlexJ
7th September 2007, 13:10

Are you sure? My Syndicate manual (Syndicate Executive Brief) is 64 pages long.

Harrison
7th September 2007, 13:27
I think the re-released version of the game was missing parts of the original manual. It is still worth scanning in though, as we could eventually have both versions of the manual on the site.

Tiago
7th September 2007, 13:50

Are you sure? My Syndicate manual (Syndicate Executive Brief) is 64 pages long.

I am not in home now to see, but yesterday when i looked i guess it would have no more then 20... but i could be wrong... let me check when i got home.

AlexJ
7th September 2007, 14:32
I think the re-released version of the game was missing parts of the original manual. It is still worth scanning in though, as we could eventually have both versions of the manual on the site.

Ah that makes sense. Yeah definitely worth scanning both in for completeness, especially as the large version is pretty far down my todo list.