PDA

View Full Version : Space games

Harrison
4th September 2007, 09:40
As a big fan of space games (and knowing some of you also love the genre) I thought I would share a site I found the other day.

http://www.stargamer.net/

I expect some of you have already discovered this site. It's very nicely made and concentrates on only Space based games. It covers all space games on all platforms, from games still in development, right back to the first games on 8-bit systems. For example if you look at the Elite entry it has information and screenshots for all versions of the game including the BBC Micro.

Time for me to reinstall Star Wolves 2 and complete it. :) Then back to X3 again. :D

Demon Cleaner
4th September 2007, 13:18
Very nice site, didn't know that one. Aaah, only good memories when looking at the Elite screens :thumbs:

Teho
4th September 2007, 14:25
Good link! Am going to enjoy exploring that one. :thumbs:

Puni/Void
4th September 2007, 15:43
Seems interesting, so I will have a look as well. :)

Ghost
5th September 2007, 04:26
* appears againg after being absent for some time *

Hello Harrison,

Nice find, I have a friend who loves space games who might not know this site.

FOL
5th September 2007, 17:38
As a big fan of space games (and knowing some of you also love the genre) I thought I would share a site I found the other day.

http://www.stargamer.net/

I expect some of you have already discovered this site. It's very nicely made and concentrates on only Space based games. It covers all space games on all platforms, from games still in development, right back to the first games on 8-bit systems. For example if you look at the Elite entry it has information and screenshots for all versions of the game including the BBC Micro.

Time for me to reinstall Star Wolves 2 and complete it. :) Then back to X3 again. :D

Damn you, first thing i seen on that site, was BattleStar Galatica Total conversion mod, for the awesome HomeWorld 2. So guess what im installing after seeing the trailer on the mod site, ;).

Looks awesome. Shame sky pulled SkyOne from NTL, but atleast I can get my BSG fix from this, ;).

Harrison
5th September 2007, 23:43
Have you also tried the BSG mod for Freespace 2? That is very nicely created. It really does feel like you are in one of the fighters. They have even recreated the short wave radio chatter from the series.

The series is great. Cable is no substitute for Satellite. ;)

J T
8th September 2007, 14:22
I've always really liked the idea of space-based games, but never really gotten into them. I should go back and check more out if I can.