PDA

View Full Version : trying to download software...

Submeg
30th August 2007, 15:49
im trying to download software from opnet (http://www.opnet.com) for my homework. Im trying to download the software (which is an academic release) but whenever I get to the download page it times out. It is an ftp page, so what is causing this? any ideas?

Demon Cleaner
30th August 2007, 16:10
Their server might not be connectable/reachable at the moment. Try later or if it doesn't work, try to contact them.

AlexJ
30th August 2007, 16:19
If you're using a web browser, try and connect to the ftp server using proper FTP software.

Harrison
30th August 2007, 17:25
I was about to say the same thing. Never try to connect to FTP servers through a browser. It never works well, and many ftp servers will refuse the connection. Use something like SmartFTP and you should have more luck.

Submeg
30th August 2007, 22:14
well Im trying to connect but it gives me incorrect password. I know my password is correct, so how do I set up the connection on SmartFTP? The only info I have is:

at the bottom of the screen it says "connecting to ftp2.opnet.com" and to the right of that is enterprise37.opnet.com :huh2:

Harrison
30th August 2007, 22:23
Well, ftp2.opnet.com must be the ftp server address. So stick that in the SmartFTP address, then put your username and password and port 21 and see if that works.