PDA

View Full Version : Classicamiga desktop experiement

Harrison
27th August 2007, 13:32
I was messing around in 3DSMax today for a bit of fun and thought I would experiment with the red and white checker pattern used for the Amiga Boing Ball and came up with this.

Feel free to use it as a desktop background if you wish.

Demon Cleaner
27th August 2007, 13:58
It looks a bit weird, it would be better when you stretch it, but then it's too pixelated, and in tiled form you can't even read Classicamiga.

Harrison
27th August 2007, 14:18
What size are you viewing the image at? The attached image is 1280x1024. I can however make it any size you wanted as I can just render it bigger if needed.

FOL
27th August 2007, 14:25
I was messing around in 3DSMax today for a bit of fun and thought I would experiment with the red and white checker pattern used for the Amiga Boing Ball and came up with this.

Feel free to use it as a desktop background if you wish.

Nice i like it, Does this mean you can make me some awesome icons for PSP theme, ;)

Demon Cleaner
27th August 2007, 14:26
What size are you viewing the image at?1280x1024, but I clicked now on the image, then it is good. First I used the small picture as background, and when you stretch that one, it's pixelated.

Harrison
27th August 2007, 14:41
:lol: Well the thumbnail would be pixelated, which explains that.

Here is another one I just made:

Harrison
27th August 2007, 14:43
Nice i like it, Does this mean you can make me some awesome icons for PSP theme, ;)

Sure, if you come up with some ideas for icons I can create them for you. Just give me the ideas and I will see what I can create.

FOL
27th August 2007, 15:11

Sure, if you come up with some ideas for icons I can create them for you. Just give me the ideas and I will see what I can create.

Well anything workbench themed, need them 128 x 128 and 64 x 64 (pixels). :)

Demon Cleaner
27th August 2007, 15:39
This one is better, it has at least a spherical form.

FOL
27th August 2007, 15:44

Aye, tis nicer. I did like other to. Hey Harrison, how about adding PSPUAE logo you have in your sig across the middle. I would love to see it, i think it would look good.

Anyways, ive stuck this on my desktop, very nice looking.

Harrison
27th August 2007, 16:05
OK, I have an idea for that. Will test it now and post the result.

In the mean time, here is a variation on the last one.

Harrison
27th August 2007, 20:36
Hey Harrison, how about adding PSPUAE logo you have in your sig across the middle. I would love to see it, i think it would look good.

Do you have a larger original of the PSPUAE logo I could have? The one I'm using originated from a very small logo so it pixelates when enlarged.

Here is a quick view of it with the logo in place.

Harrison
27th August 2007, 21:19
And another one.

Lighter and darker versions of the same.

Demon Cleaner
27th August 2007, 21:49
They look much better on my monitor at home, but I use 1600x1200.

FOL
27th August 2007, 22:04
Hey Harrison, how about adding PSPUAE logo you have in your sig across the middle. I would love to see it, i think it would look good.

Do you have a larger original of the PSPUAE logo I could have? The one I'm using originated from a very small logo so it pixelates when enlarged.

Here is a quick view of it with the logo in place.

Looking good, ill make a new 1, bigger just for you, once I get chance.

Demon Cleaner
27th August 2007, 22:13
Looking good, ill make a new 1, bigger just for you, once I get chance.There's no need, I don't use it anyway.

FOL
27th August 2007, 22:13
Looking good, ill make a new 1, bigger just for you, once I get chance.There's no need, I don't use it anyway.

Lost me with that reply?

AlexJ
27th August 2007, 22:14
If you're going to make a new one, might I suggest using Illustrator or something else vector based. Having an infinitely scalable logo comes in really useful. You might want to use the attachment as a base.

Harrison
27th August 2007, 22:26

Lost me with that reply?

Bit of a misunderstanding I think. FOL meant he will do me a larger version of the PSPUAE logo so I can redo the ball image with it.

Demon Cleaner
27th August 2007, 23:22
Bit of a misunderstanding I think. FOL meant he will do me a larger version of the PSPUAE logo so I can redo the ball image with it.Oh, that was a misunderstanding, I thought he would make a 1600x1200 one.