PDA

View Full Version : Doing anything over the Bank Holiday?

Harrison
26th August 2007, 14:30
Is anyone doing anything exciting over this Bank Holiday Weekend?

Planning to go anywhere tomorrow?

I personally try to avoid Bank Holiday Monday's as the roads are full of cars packed with screaming kids trying to get to over populated tourist attractions that are no fun when they get there.

I'm going to instead be spending Monday relaxing in the New Forest, hopefully without the annoyances of the general public.

FOL
26th August 2007, 14:35
Is anyone doing anything exciting over this Bank Holiday Weekend?

Planning to go anywhere tomorrow?

I personally try to avoid Bank Holiday Monday's as the roads are full of cars packed with screaming kids trying to get to over populated tourist attractions that are no fun when they get there.

I'm going to instead be spending Monday relaxing in the New Forest, hopefully without the annoyances of the general public.

Maybe take kids to park, for a kick around. more than likely we will end up on the swings after about 5 mins, lol. Proberly, take a walk on the beach, as its only 5 mins walk from park.

This is only if the sun holds out, been scorching 3 days in a row here just outside cardiff.

Harrison
26th August 2007, 14:37
The weather has been really nice the past few days. Was slightly too hot yesterday though. And as I seem to have some sort of cold at the moment (headache, glands hurting etc) hot weather isn't so enjoyable.

Stephen Coates
26th August 2007, 17:13
Don't think I'll be doiing anything other than listening to the radio and reinstalling an OS on my PC. I might go and see if there are any shops open.

Demon Cleaner
27th August 2007, 12:30
Is anyone doing anything exciting over this Bank Holiday Weekend?Is that an official holiday in the UK?? Don't know that one.

Harrison
27th August 2007, 12:35
Yes, is the official August Bank Holiday. Is always the last Monday in the month.

Puni/Void
27th August 2007, 20:22
Hope you guys in the UK will enjoy the day off! :) While enjoying it, think about us poor suckers abroad that have to work that day. :(

Harrison
27th August 2007, 20:28
Ah! But consider how many more public holidays you all get compared to us!

Puni/Void
27th August 2007, 21:00
Hehe.. that's true of course, but it doesn't help right now. ;)

toomanymikes
14th October 2007, 11:49
Right, I know its a bit late but I went to Pitlochry for the bank holiday weekend cos my mum and dad had a birthday party out there. I went up to the Queens View hoping to see some Tornadoes on low level flying practice zooming below me over the lochs surface when I noticed this:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2002/1568530654_a0a8ff97e3.jpg?v=0
Looks like they didnt get to finish - I can only assume the missing word is 'ever'. Harrison - was this you? ;)

Harrison
14th October 2007, 11:54
Sadly it wasn't. Did you finish of the message?

Maybe we should all start some viral marketing! Start putting graffiti "www.classicamiga.com" where ever we can. Should attract some new visitors to the site. ;)

Just one thing. Remember my name and address are directly linked to the URL so don't start putting it in places people will get upset, such as church pews or police stations! :lol:

toomanymikes
14th October 2007, 11:59
Maybe we could get Banksy to go some stuff for us - next time Im in London Ill give him a shout!

Harrison
14th October 2007, 12:04
Now that would be cool.

IDEA!

I've just had a great Banksy inspired idea. Take the original Commodore Amiga adverts and change them to advertise classicamiga. These could then be used as banner adverts, T-Shirt logos and printed flyers. :D

They would be retro because they are using the original 80's and 90's adverts, therefore hinting at the site content even more.

Stephen Coates
14th October 2007, 13:26
Phew.

When I opened this topic, I thougt the first post was made today and harrison was saying that tommorow is a bank holiday monday.

(I don't want it to be bank holiday as I need to go to the post office)

Harrison
14th October 2007, 14:03
It was the opposite for me. I was hoping we had an unknown Bank Holiday when I saw a fresh post here. How disappointed was I! :( :lol: