PDA

View Full Version : PSP PANDORA Service Mode Jig

FOL
23rd August 2007, 21:57
As you have all proberly seen. Today an awesome event took place, this was the release of the Pandora setup files.

Basically, its an app that, takes the 1.50 update and places it on your chosen MS (not full 1.50, but enough to boot PSP to XMB). Once thats done, that MS is now the "MAGIC MS". There is another program that then, rewrites your batteries serial to that of a sony unbricker battery.

You can then take both the battery and ms, and place it in any bricked PSP, turn it on and it will give you a menu, tell it to downgrade to 1.50 and ta da, you have 1.50.
It can also be used to downgrade any version PSP.

I risked my beloved PSP to test and it works flawless.

AlexJ
23rd August 2007, 22:04
This sounds very interesting. So the MS works similar to how a modchip would?

Harrison
23rd August 2007, 22:13
I read about this on MaxConsole earlier. This is definitely great news. Did you notice that Dark_AleX was involved with this? So he hasn't left completely! :)

It also puts an end to that unbricking battery that has been ultra rare (not seen) and has been selling for thousands on ebay recently. I bet that as just using the same process.

PS. I hope you backed up the EEPROM from the battery you used before you converted it into a jickkick battery? Otherwise that battery isn't very useful now unless you need to unbrick another PSP again. Details here. (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=75821)

FOL
23rd August 2007, 22:18
I read about this on MaxConsole earlier. This is definitely great news. Did you notice that Dark_AleX was involved with this? So he hasn't left completely! :)

It also puts an end to that unbricking battery that has been ultra rare (not seen) and has been selling for thousands on ebay recently. I bet that as just using the same process.

PS. I hope you backed up the EEPROM from the battery you used before you converted it into a jickkick battery? Otherwise that battery isn't very useful now unless you need to unbrick another PSP again. Details here. (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=75821)

lol, im no n00b, I backup everything. Got my ID storage backedup nice and safe. I backup Battery eprom, but I was still getting hastle after restoring eprom data. Seems to be working now.

Harrison
23rd August 2007, 22:19

No, this is only of use if something goes wrong while flashing a PSP and the PSP ends up dead and unusable (bricked).

Pandora basically rewrites the EPROM on the PSP battery and converts it into a Sony recovery battery. Using that with the software on the memory stick will then restore the PSP back to its original factory settings and unbrick it.

FOL
23rd August 2007, 22:22

No, this is only of use if something goes wrong while flashing a PSP and the PSP ends up dead and unusable (bricked).

Pandora basically rewrites the EPROM on the PSP battery and converts it into a Sony recovery battery. Using that with the software on the memory stick will then restore the PSP back to its original factory settings and unbrick it.

Well not full original factory settings, its a minimal install of 1.50, just to get to XMB and install any firmware you want.