PDA

View Full Version : Dune II The Maker

Demon Cleaner
21st August 2007, 07:06
There's a remake of Dune II going to be released, you can grab a demo from their main site.

Dune II The Maker homepage (http://d2tm.duneii.com/)

Harrison
21st August 2007, 13:47
That seems a bit pointless, considering Dune 2000 was already a remake of Dune 2. :unsure:

FOL
21st August 2007, 17:41
Well, DUNEII was already remake on PC, by someone, it was nice game, but took forever to load and would hang alot, not good at all.

Dune 2, though is a great amiga game, hence i made a state for it. I remember going to cardiff on release day to buy this with my mother.

Harrison
21st August 2007, 22:04
Dune II was a milestone game, single handedly launching this style of real-time RTS. It is always a little sad when most people just think of C&C being the first game.

FOL
21st August 2007, 22:22
Dont get me started on Westwood. They were 1 of my all time favorite companies, any game they released I had to have. Even beta tested (later bought) their last game, Earth & Beyond. I liked that game lots, my first MMORPG.

Harrison
21st August 2007, 22:43
I was also a huge fan of E&B and played it right until the day they switched off the server. That was very sad. :(

It wasn't my first MMO though, that goes to PhantasyStarOnline on the Dreamcast. That was amazing online and was always very hard to describe why it was so much better online than offline.

Demon Cleaner
22nd August 2007, 00:59
The first RTS I played on PC was the first Warcraft, and I found it awesome, just like C&C. On the Amiga I only played Battle Isle, never played Dune because at that time, I had no Amiga anymore.