PDA

View Full Version : TV The IT Crowd

Harrison
19th August 2007, 19:15
Did anyone else watch the first series of Channel 4's The IT Crowd last year?

The new second series is due to start this coming Friday at 9:30pm on Channel 4 and from the TV guides it sounds just as good.

You can really see the same humour from Father Ted coming through in this, and for anyone involved in an IT job you will laugh even more.

If you didn't see the original series you can watch them all online via the Channel 4 website.

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/I/itcrowd/

or for free by searching for "it crowd" on Demonoid.

toomanymikes
19th August 2007, 19:18
That was one my favourite shows last year - we're off to a party at a hotel this weekend so may sneak off to the bedroom to watch it!

J T
20th August 2007, 09:17
I really enjoyed the IT crowd, I'll set the recorder to series link this one.

Fun fact: I saw Richard Ayoade (Moss) on the train, chatting on his mobile phone about some showbiz party. He's very tall and had massive hair - looked pretty cool actually.

TiredOfLife
20th August 2007, 12:29
I watched the 1st series, not brilliant but not bad either.

AlexJ
20th August 2007, 19:53
One thing I've noticed in the trailers, last year it was pronounced the it crowd, as in "it was". Now they're pronouncing it the I.T. crowd (as in aye tee). Strange.

Harrison
20th August 2007, 23:08
I hadn't noticed that last year. It should be pronounced as they are now though. I.T.

AlexJ
20th August 2007, 23:21
I hadn't noticed that last year. It should be pronounced as they are now though. I.T.

Because this was really bugging me (how could C4 go through a whole series without the announcers knowing what their show was called?) I've cleared it up with a friend who has the Season 1 DVD. According to the directors commentary it's meant to be both, and the writers have deliberately asked Channel 4 to use both ways of pronouncing it.

TiredOfLife
21st August 2007, 00:41
That makes sense to be honest.
I always got the impression the title was meant to be ambiguous.

J T
21st August 2007, 20:17
It's a joke that works a bit better when written (or seen on screen). Spoken it doesn't quite come across so well, it's not really so funny.